KAC Rail Instalation Help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by UrGirlfriendz, Dec 1, 2012.

1. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Hey guys, I just bought this front end kit (http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo...ts_AEG_G_P_CQB_R_Kit_for_Marui_M16_Series.htm). Problem is I'm having trouble getting it on. I got my old MRE rails off, but part of it (pictured below) is still on. I nedd to either get that part of or get the same part off of my new rails. Also, I am keeping the standard length barrel, but I can not tell how to take that off either.

Attached Files:

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    That barrel nut should just screw off. You'll have to use some force to get it, but that's it. Once you unscrew the barrel nut, the barrel will come right off. If you want to keep the barrel nut and barrel that are on there, you can remove the gas tube from the new fron end kit and pull the rail off of that and thread it right into the barrel nut. Then put the gas tube back in, reinstall the front sight and you're set.

3. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Is the barrel nut the part that screws on to the rail itself or the cylinder with the holes in it that the gas tube goes into?

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    The barrel nut is the one with the holes inside of the lock nut (the outer ring). I've never removed a KAC free float, so I couldn't tell you for sure, but you might need an armorer's wrench to get it loosened.

There's some stuff in here that might help:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226782_.html

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  5. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Thanks a bunch Knief, that thread really helped me out. Looks like I'm gonna have to pick up an armorer's tool though to get the barrel nut off. Thanks again.