Kansas airsoft

Discussion in 'Kansas Airsoft Forum' started by jallen785, Jan 6, 2013.

1. jallen785

jallen785 New Member

Is there any Kansas airsofters out there?!?!?!

2. GriffinArms

GriffinArms New Member

Larned
    Larned

We are Griffin Arms. We have several AO that we use in Larned, and the surrounding area. We also are an airsoft supply store.

Our field times are Saturdays and Sundays at 1400, and play until people want to quit... Most players begin showing up between 1300 - 1330, for chrono-testing and safety/game rules.
    We play mostly tactical "hunt" style missions, with occasional "speed" style missions...
    We have NO field fees. We do have rental equipment; for $10 you get the use of a weapon, and 1,000 bb's. We do not allow outside bb's into our rental weapons for liability reasons. We also have a limited number of loaner masks, free of charge.
    We sell competition grade bb's by ICS and Matrix, $12/5000, or $40/20,000.

Our field fps limits are as follows:
    AEG (any style) 450fps
    Bolt action 650fps

Due to the higher fps limits, we have minimum ranges that need to be enforced to ensure safety:
    <350fps = 20ft
    350 - 399fps = 30ft
    400 - 449fps = 40ft
    450 - 499fps = 60ft
    500 - 550fps = 80ft
    >550fps = 120ft

You can check us out on Facebook groups: Griffin Arms

3. jallen785

jallen785 New Member

Ok cool new to the sport and have really been struggling finding others in Kansas, however I live in Topeka but would still be willing to make the drive. Do you Guys have a site?

4. The_DG

The_DG New Member

Marysville,
    Oook, so, I'm from Marysville KS, planning on playing some games up in Nebraska, in the Omaha area cause thats about the closest games to me.
    Ayways, just saying where I'm from, will look for an introduction thread.

5. jallen785

jallen785 New Member

Ok ya hopefully enough Kansans will respond so we don't have to make trips to Oklahoma and Nebraska, Kansas has great places to play we shouldn't have to travel so far to do it.

6. Beamen92

Beamen92 New Member

Wichita indoor airsoft is a good place located in west Wichita.

7. uhdebeamin

uhdebeamin New Member

Agreed. Wia is a great time.

8. freya13

freya13 New Member

Larned
    Yes we have a facebook page griffin arms and if you can not get on the site feel free to friend me Nikki Chlumsky and I will get you on there.....we have a very exciting op coming up in April

9. BlakeBowser

BlakeBowser New Member

Topeka
    Hey... I'm from Topeka. Me and my buds are going up to the MACC in the morning. It's in Lawson, MO, about an hour and a half drive. An abandoned military radar base, run by MAKO. It's fun as hell, at least 30 people every shoot, $20 entry fee.

10. jallen785

jallen785 New Member

You must know Brett from dee and mee i was texting him the other day and he mentioned that shoot in Missouri unfortunately stuck at work til 2pm

11. freya13

freya13 New Member

Larned
    We are looking to put on operation Easter egg hunt (the ammo containers will be painted and hid worth points)...thinking the weekend of March 23 or 24 but looking for feed back from all the shooters....cost is $10 a person. If we can get 16 people (not my family) to show up... We will be giving away a MOD-5 (mp5) by ICS valued at $160, as a prize for the event!!! If we get 18, then it will be a JG: M4s-Tactical Lipo-ready!!! And if we can get 30 to show, then we will give them both away as individual prizes!!!!!!!!!!!!...............There will be more posted about this on Monday after the club has there meeting on Sunday.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. BlakeBowser

BlakeBowser New Member

Topeka
    I live with him, and I'm the store tech when they need something done with Airsoft, which is rare.

13. CallsignPyro

CallsignPyro New Member

What store is this? I live in lenexa

14. freya13

freya13 New Member

Larned
    It's official it will be Sun the 24th cost is $10 a person we are running it as a team event for connivance bring your own team if you do not have one we can find a spot for you.......this is highest points event so the team with highest points wins a prize and the individual with highest points ( not necessarily on your team)........you have to 12 to play on the field.....registration starts at 8 and game starts at 10 please show early to have your gun chronode .....I will be posting further info as it comes in we already have a team from Wichita that plans on coming and a team from Hoisington

15. BlakeBowser

BlakeBowser New Member

Topeka
    Sorry, forgot to reply. It's in Fairlawn Plaza in Topeka.

16. Ghud369

Ghud369 New Member

Manhattan
    Me and a friend of mine looking to join or start a team near the fort riley area. have experience, gear, and guns. A reply or any info you could give me will be much appreciated.

17. BlakeBowser

BlakeBowser New Member

Topeka
    Only team I really know of is FRAT (Fort Riley Airsoft Team) and quite frankly, they're douche bags. They don't accept safety kills, no matter if you have the jump on them or not. They have the mentality that they're better than everyone else because they're currently or previously active Army. Don't get your name mixed up with them. Manhattan also has KSUAT (KSU Airsoft Team), but I think they are done. I know some of the guys do still shoot together though. Not really sure of who they are.

18. CallsignPyro

CallsignPyro New Member

You could join MAKO.

19. BlakeBowser

BlakeBowser New Member

Topeka
    Good luck on that...