king arms gbb m4 compatibility/upgrade questions

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Jakerz872, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Does anyone know if:
    I switch out the whole bolt carrier to a g&p one, will it still accept my normal king arms mag?
    The g&p magpul pmags will work at all(magwell compatibility)?
    My gun will accept gbb or aeg barrels (I've read conflicting stories)? Which kind of inner/ outer barrels should I look at? I want to get the length of about an mk11 model 0/m110.

2. ChocolateDrop

ChocolateDrop Member

After working on a KA GBBR M4 for a short while, I believe that the hop-up uses an AEG cut barrel IIRC.

As for the mag compatibility with a G&P bolt carrier, they should work fine.

The Pmags are compatible with the KA receiver (I have tried GHK, G&P, and WA mags and they all fit fine with the KA, which then there should be no problem with a G&P Pmag).

3. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

20 character limit cheat. :cool:

4. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Thanks. If anyone else can answer my other questions/ provide input, thanks =)

5. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Do you own the King Arms, if so how has the reliability of it been and is the "recoil" strong.

6. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Yes I do. I've heard bad stories, but mine has been running for 6 months perfectly fine. its got some internal parts inside it that could use steel upgrades, but out of the box its great. Some people say its light, but their prolly used to real guns. Its body is made of aluminum, and I want to change to steel if I get the chance. Recoil wise I think its great, made me stop using aegs period. If that's not enough, you can get a better spring for it. I would recommend getting a g&p woc though, for like $100 more or so, because they come with steel internals and externals.

7. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    And also after a week my bolt catch got worn down because of said aluminum internals. Everything works, its just that the bolt doesn't lock back after you dump a mag, there's g&p parts to fix it, but if you just spend the extra money in the first place on a woc then I think the entire gun is steel(where its meant to be.)

8. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    pew pew pew pew pew pew pew