King Arms Thompson 1928 has feeding issues w/heavier pellets

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by OverdriveRules, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

BLS bbs batches for themselves are better than their batches for rebrand it seems.

I think you'll notice a large improvement.

2. OverdriveRules

OverdriveRules Member

I should hope so, because it sucks pulling the trigger and having nothing shoot out of the gun when the mag is fully-wound.

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    That is due to BLS maintaining a reputation...unlike others who don't care.

4. OverdriveRules

OverdriveRules Member

UPDATE: So today, I did a brief test firing session with the BLS pellets in my Tommy Gun, and there wasn't a single misfire among them. Actually, to be honest, the reason I bought .28 gram pellets in the first place was because that gun's hopup is gonked; even with it cranked all the way down, .25 gram pellets would still travel upwards a bit at longer ranges.

aotsukisho likes this.
  5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
  6. OverdriveRules

OverdriveRules Member

FURTHER UPDATE: Today, I got to do my first proper field test with the new pellets, and there wasn't a single misfire...provided I was using the drum mag that came with the gun. I had also bought three hi-cap stick mags as backups, and during one game, I ran out of pellets in the drum mag and put in a stick mag, but only two pellets would come out before it stopped feeding, and it happened with a second stick mag. I swear, I wound the mags all the way, too.

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    You may have a compatibility issue where the detente isn't releasing in the Hicap Mag.

8. OverdriveRules

OverdriveRules Member

Are you referring to the little tab where if I wind the mag up and push on it, then the pellets will release?

9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
  10. OverdriveRules

OverdriveRules Member

Thought so.