King Kong AEG Burst Wizard Review

Discussion in 'Staff Reviews' started by Griffin, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Griffin

Griffin Active Member Supporting Member

"King Kong" Burst Wizard Review

I recently received a King Kong Burst Wizard from AEG Wizard for reviewing.

With the King Kong, I also received the extra wiring if you want to have it wired in, and 4 pages with instructions on how to change/adjust the different features and how to wire in the King Kong.
    [​IMG]

The "King Kong" can be used as a Plug 'n' Play MOSFET like the original Burst Wizard, or it can be wired in (as stated above). There are advantages to having it wired in such as a slight increase in ROF, trigger contact protection and a few more features available. However, there is also a disadvantage as you can not easily switch it between different AEGs. AEG Wizard supplies the extra wire if you are going to have it wired in.

The King Kong is a fair amount smaller then the original Burst Wizard. It measures only 1.8” x .65” x 0.4” ( 4.57cm x 1.65cm x 1.01cm) compared to the original Burst Wizard which is 2.25" x 0.65" x 0.4" (measurements taken from the AEG Wizard website). Even with the tight battery space of my SCAR, I can still fit my normal battery (a 7.4V 2800 MAH 20C Lipo) as well as the King Kong.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When you first plug in the King Kong, with out changing any features. it will shoot a 3 round burst and then resume to full auto after the trigger is held for .6 seconds. The next few things you can change it to after that are: Change the shot count to your liking (1-9* rounds), Disable full auto, change the full auto delay (length of time after the 3 round burst before full auto resumes), and the Lipo Protection feature (low voltage warning & shut off feature).

After that, there are many more commands which may seem harder to change, but, once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze. For a full list of commands/features available for the King Kong, please visit this link: Burst Wizard King Kong

You might notice that when using the Burst Wizard on a 2-9 round burst, it will occasionally shoot over the amount specified. According to Kong (the creator of the King Kong), the reason for this is that the King Kong is suppose to bring your spring and piston to "their most relaxed position to protect them from extra wear and tear". This means when the gun is used on a burst setting, there is no over-spin. That's a great feature assuming you are using a gun that over-spins.

The King Kong is not a true MOSFET (it does not protect your trigger contacts) unless you wire it in.

Sadly, I will not be able to skirmish with this within the next two weeks as I am going to be busy. I'll try to update the review with how it performed after I skirmish it.

Videos showing different features
    **Motor height was incorrect in all videos below, hence the gun sounds bad**
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoWXwk9tNuY]‪King Kong Burst Wizard - 40% ROF Test‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Z0jJ7Y9dc]‪King Kong Burst Wizard - 60% ROF Test‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIEZqoS1ow]‪King Kong Burst Wizard - 80% ROF Test‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwczycWzvAM]‪King Kong Burst Wizard - Nine Round Burst‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjMQChuftlc]‪King Kong Burst Wizard - Six Round Burst‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_gonqBGkHE]‪King Kong Burst Wizard - Three Round Burst‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLX9wE0bUOc]‪King Kong Burst Wizard - Two Round Burst‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Summary of all problems I noticed

- When used in a "normal" gun (not high RPS), no matter how many shots you are using the King Kong on (2-9) it will occasionally shoot one to three bullets over the desired amount. The higher the amount of bullets specified to fire, the less chance there is of more bullets being fired then the desired amount.

- When using it on a high RPS gun, the same thing happens as above, but it is more severe.

*- When I tried to make the "burst" one shot, it does not work correctly. When I pull the trigger, the gears inside the gear box only move a small amount. It takes around 3 trigger pulls before the piston releases. It does this on both semi-auto & full-auto. The gun works perfectly fine with out the King Kong. This is quite a let down for me as I was planning on possibly using the King Kong to change my gun into semi-only for a DMR (once I "up" the FPS). The video below shows this problem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqmI8eGZkUc]‪King Kong Burst Wizard - One Round "Burst" Problem‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The Verdict

Although the King Kong has some problems, it is a big improvement over the original Burst Wizard. It is smaller, has many more features, and is over-all better.

I would recommend this product to anybody that wants a burst feature (or any of the other features King Kong provides), but doesn't want to deal with the hassle of installing a non Plug-N-Play MOSFET into there gun, or, if you have more then one gun and want to switch the Burst Feature (or any of the other features) between your guns easily.

If you are a more experienced player and want a MOSFET installed in your gun "forever", I would suggest going for another MOSFET such as an AWS, Extreme Fire, etc. Most of the MOSFETS, if not all, that retail for the price of the King Kong ($70) do not have as many features as the King Kong, but most seem of higher quality.

I would not recommend the King Kong to players that have high stress guns. I would reccomend another MOSFET such as an Extreme-Fire, HS5, or the like.

If you would like me to record any more videos of different features, have any questions or criticism, please comment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Nice guide, Griffin! Glad to see you figured out the Youtube videos ;)

3. Kong

Kong New Member Supporting Member

Temple City
    Burst Wizard King Kong has since been improved from the Beta1 version used in this review to correct the problems mentioned.

The Cycle-burst sensitivity has been improved 4-fold to handle AEGs as fast as 30 RPS for consistent 1 to 9 busrt counts.

But if you like it the way that everyone does burst control by just a fixed timing (including the BW LV), now King Kong also allows you to train it so that it can faithfully fire your desired burst counts from one to 30 if you want.

What is more from your King Kong is that it further allows you to fine tune the timing to achieve 0, 1/4, 1/2 or 3.9/4 precocking tuning for precise burst firing experience. If you are really picky about it, King Kong also lets you input the battery decay compensation factor to allow consistent burst firing from beginning to the end of discharge cycle!

The heat issue caused by the on-board 20A resettable fuse has been corrected.

I recommend you PM me for an upgrade to the production version for furhter using it for review purpose. I am confident that you will agree with my customers that there is nothing out there that performs like the King Kong in capability, safety and ease of 100% customization!

Don't forget that King Kong is the only MOSFET that can grow with you from an inexperienced player (using the Plug'n'play mdoe) to elite player (using the trigger switch high current bypass mode)!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  4. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    I would really like to see a video of the DMR precooking please. Thanks!

5. Tackett

Tackett New Member

Charleston
    Here ya go Adam.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LSK126ugaE&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Burst Wizard King Kong DMR with precocking.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

6. Airsoftkid01

Airsoftkid01 Member

Hutchinson
    Does the King Kong Burst wizard protect your gearbox in anyone? I am running a G&G scar with a high torque motor on a stock gearbox with a 20c 11.1v and I am considering gettting a kong if it will help protect my gearbox from wear.

7. Griffin

It will not protect your trigger contacts unless you wire it in such as a standard MOSFET.

8. hubertos1

hubertos1 Member

This is a lot like the burst avocado but that looked like it worked better then the king kong one. I saw the evike review and it worked fine and was easy to setup.

9. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Do you think it is small enough to fit in a crane stock?

10. Griffin

It depends on how big the battery is.

11. Pittin

Pittin New Member

Colombus
    could i make this work in a CYMA m14?

12. DiabolicPanic

DiabolicPanic New Member

Definitely a cool gadget to have especially for those m16 and other burst fire weapons.

13. Pezturbator

Pezturbator Active Member

So I could drop this in my g&g m4 not cm no problem? And get burst action?

14. Griffin

Correct. Nice little device, still running strong.

15. Pezturbator

Pezturbator Active Member

Sweetness now I gotta add this to my amazon shopping cart as well as a peq box for my battery cuz the handguard I want wont house my battery :D and D:

Edit: its deans and tamiya?

16. Griffin

Sorry for the late response, but better late then never. You can choose either deans or tamiyas when ordering from his website. If it didn't have a choice on Amazon, it probably comes with whatever was pictured.

17. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Anybody know if this will fit in a buffer tube with an 11.1v LiPo? Because I really want to get the burst wizard but I'm worried it won't fit!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  18. spotlessch

spotlessch New Member

London
    It seems to be that every possible things you have described that but battery can be worked out....