KJW 1911 Reliability Upgrades

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by gb65, Sep 19, 2012.

1. gb65

gb65 New Member

Hello,

I read another post that mentioned when buying a lesser expensive GBB pistol, you end up spending what you would have paid for a KWA in upgrade parts. I couldn't find anyone with the KWA or TM I was looking for in stock so I ordered a KJW 1911 Hi Capa after reading lots of very positive comments here.

What parts do you guys think I'd need to buy to make this KJW pistol more reliable? Being new to Airsoft, I have no idea which parts have high failure rate or what better quality replacement parts are available. Someone even mentioned in that other thread about $30 in parts would get you more reilable (referring to a WE).

Thanks!!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    Pro tip: don't replace it if it's not broken!!! especially if it was already factory assembled.

the same can't be said about build kits. if you assemble it wrong/bad parts, the first shot will destroy your gun. (m4 challenge kit)

PS: i have a KJW 1911 meu 2,500 shots strong, no upgrades. KJW, TM, KWA, if you dont maintain them, they'll die. i can't say the same for WE lemons.

3. gb65

gb65 New Member

Thanks for the info.

My first experience now with Airsoft hasn't been good. Got the KJW 1911 today and it's a piece of junk. Thumb safety doesn't work. Has to go back. Didn't even get the correct other items I ordered. Thought I'd be shooting today but instead I'll be waiting weeks to get refunds.

Oh Well!!

4. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    thumb safety only works with the hammer cocked. Sorry you didn't know REAL 1911's function that same way.

this is Mil-Sim, not Call of Dooty

5. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Well having a thumb/grip safety be effective on a gun with a single stage trigger when the hammer was not cocked is not necessary. Also who said anything about mil-sim or C.O.D.. Finally, was any information given on what circumstances the safety failed to function. By "it has to go back" I am assuming that he is referring to returning the item. You fail...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  6. gb65

gb65 New Member

Thanks for the insult!!
    I've been using a real 1911 probably longer than you've been alive and in places you wouldn't dream of going.

The safety doesn't work. I'm new to airsoft, not firearms.

The KJW 1911 Hi-Capa pistol has to go back to where I bought it. Having problems out of the box doesn't make me feel KJW is any good. It will be several weeks til I get something else so my thoughts of using one of these to practice Bullseye Pistol Match at home will be on hold for awhile.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012