KJW KC-02 Threaded Barrel

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by foxtrot2552, Aug 26, 2012.

1. foxtrot2552

foxtrot2552 New Member

Golden
    Hello, I have a KJW KC-02 GBBR V-1 and I absolutely love it. I got it a little while ago off of Amazon from Airsplat and it said that it was included with a threaded barrel on it like all other v-1 kc02's but when it came it diddnt have one, its just a solid outer barrel like the v-2's, and I desperately want to put a mock silencer on it with a longer inner barrel.

so my question is, does anyone know where I can get a threaded outer barrel for the kc02?

and I know this may be a little crazy but if anyone else has a kc02 with a threaded outer barrel that doesnt care if its threaded or not, I would love to swap outer barrels, I could pay for shipping as well. (worth a shot)

Thank you for any info you may have

Dylan, from the 303

2. SSGSPEEDMAN

SSGSPEEDMAN New Member

try and see if you can tap the barrel. have you seen my kc02?

3. foxtrot2552

foxtrot2552 New Member

Golden
    No I havent, have you a threaded tip? What do you mean by tap it?

4. SSGSPEEDMAN

SSGSPEEDMAN New Member

5. foxtrot2552

foxtrot2552 New Member

Golden
    Wow. That thing is badass. I don't understand what you mean by tapping it, can you send me a link or vid showing me how?

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    You can't tap an unthreaded KC-02 outer barrel. It's not solid.

7. foxtrot2552

foxtrot2552 New Member

Golden
    Well I'm assuming "tapping" is having someone machine a 14mm negative thread for you (please let me know if I'm wrong) but if that's the case then the very end of the barrel, about the last 1.5-2 inches or so, is solid. After that it opens up into the hollow structure

8. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    Tapping is the cutting of internal threads in a pre-drilled hole. Threading is cutting external threads on the outside of a cylinder.
    Example: A hole is tapped, a rod or shaft is threaded.

The torque required to cut threads on the solid part of the barrel would shred the thin part, since that's where the barrel would have to be held.

9. foxtrot2552

foxtrot2552 New Member

Golden
    ahh I see, so do you think I can cut the solid end off and weld (or jb weld glue) a threaded adapter say for a vsr 10 or one of those? cause I've seen those little adapters on Airsoft GI for relatively cheap

10. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    Could you? Probably.

Would it look good or last? Probably not...

11. foxtrot2552

foxtrot2552 New Member

Golden
    ok, so I just watched a video on Youtube about a guy who had a V1 and had trouble getting the tip off so he put it in hot water and torqued it off. Turns out the thread was hiding from me the whole time. Thank god for YouTube