KJW kc02 magazine chipping issue

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by yakantosh, Nov 17, 2015.

1. yakantosh

yakantosh New Member

After having my kc02 for about six months, I am starting to notice an issue with my magazines. The port on the magazines where the gas is fed into the bolt through is chipped in the same place on all of my magazines. It is on the back edge of the plastic piece that the gas escapes from when you fire the rifle. From the way it chipped it looks as if the bolt or bolt carrier is striking it, eventually weakening the plastic enough to chip. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. yakantosh

yakantosh New Member

After looking at the parts list, it seems as if the chipped piece is the tubber gasket. Does it seem like an issue I can fix with epoxy?

EDITED

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015

3. gas_marksman

gas_marksman New Member

Philadelphia
    DO NOT PUT EPOXY ON THE RUBBER GASKET!! Its normal and to be expected. Its good that you caught the issue, but its nothing to be concerned about. You can use it and not worry, but you should order a set of replacement gaskets for all of your mags. It's one of those issues that all GBBs have.

4. yakantosh

yakantosh New Member

OK, thanks for the reply. Not entirely sure what to do with it I just left it alone. I'm going to order a few replacements sometime this week and have two options for the part. Should I stick with the factory gasket or should I buy guarder brand gaskets?