KJW KP05 FPS issues

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Airsoft_Leviathan, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Airsoft_Leviathan

Airsoft_Leviathan New Member

So, I recently picked up a KP05 after reading excellent reviews all around airsoft society. And I picked up a propane adapter as well, since I can use it for future green gas guns too. To clarify, this is my first green gas gun. I have been using Co2 for a couple of years and figured it was time to make the switch to a better gas. Anyway, the gun has been giving me some crazy high FPS, which means I may have to return it. I’m talking as high as 436 with 0.2s. Not field legal for indoor or out (for good reason). I’m not sure if I am doing something wrong, I fill the mags by tipping the propane all the way upside down and pressing firmly, so that I can hear it filling and the gas spurts at the end. I fill it for about ten seconds. I would like to know if anyone on here has had the same issue when they first got their KP05, and what they did to solve it. Thanks for the help!

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I would have the chrono validated. Only way it would ever shoot that high is in 99 degree heat witt .12g

Got a video of you chronoing?

3. Airsoft_Leviathan

I’m not sure how to post a video, but that could be it. I think I will test my other guns again to see if they are shooting what they shoot. Maybe the sensor is damaged or something. That would kinda suck.

4. Airsoft_Leviathan

So I chrono’d the KP05 again, and this time I did everything in the shade. I don’t know if that actually is what changed my results, but it appears to have worked, because I got 320-330 FPS w/ 0.2 (not considering outliers). So I guess this was a false alarm, thanks for the advice on the gun!

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

aotsukisho likes this.
  5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Angle makes all the difference in a light chrono.

Airsoft_Leviathan likes this.