kjw m1911 tactical problems

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by TAPairsoftjericho, Aug 4, 2012.

1. TAPairsoftjericho

TAPairsoftjericho New Member

Garden Grove
    Alright guys I have had my kjw m1911 for about 4 years now and it has been my go to side arm for almost every event and it has taken my abuse as it comes. So it now has a problem when the gun blowsback sometimes* the slide won't return all the way I have looked at the problem and I believe it may be the nozzle is not returning fast enough and so it gets caught up on the magazine lip. Now is the fix to my problem as easy as getting a new spring set including the recoil and nozzle spring or is the problem something else entirely? Also while I have you guys here the fps has dropped considerably over the years it now only shoots about 280fps can I fix that with a new piston head set? Thank you in advanced.

2. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    280FPS sounds about right (after hopup was adjusted on mine.) Mine varies from 280-310 depending on temperature.

3. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
    Ok what about the other problem? But 280 is kinda of low because it was a hot day and I was surprsied

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
  5. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
    Yes I lube it I take care of it. That's why It has lasted this long I think.

6. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    After 4 years the springs might not do it. Don't get me wrong, do all the springs first, but you may need a new blowback chassis O-ring (that's the only thing I know to call it, the Oring that goes inside the blowback nozzle) or possibly a new nozzle. Hopefully the spring does it.

7. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
    Thanks hydra...I will do that

8. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
    Any spring recommendations?

9. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior