KJW M4 Modifications?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Polanski27, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    Hey,

I have had my KJW M4 GBBR for about 6 months now, it works amazingly, but I really want to make it into a sniper of sorts. Does anyone have suggestions on what they would do to the gun to make this an effective sniper? I want to maximize its range and accuracy, and increase the recoil on it. I chrono'd it just this past week (when I finally got one) and it shot between 460 - 475 fps with .2 gram bb's. I would like the gun to shoot at about 370 fps with .4 to .43 gram bb's. I am also a big fan of the Magpul PTS PRS stock, and was wondering if the AEG version would fit this gun? Lastly does anyone have a list of rails that would fit on this gun with little to know modification?

Thanks.

2. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    thank you note, however it saddens me to say that this upgrade can not be purchased by me :( I am a Canadian resident. If you have anymore suggestions that would be greatly appreciated though :)

3. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
  4. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    To my knowledge anything that will fit on the Real Steel version will fit on the KJW.

5. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    hmmm... ok i also heard a rumor that anything that is aeg will work with the kjw. could this be true or was I just hearing this information wrong?

6. Munishin

Goodyear
    It's possible but I wouldn't say everything under the sun is going to fit on it. With so many different brands and accessories there's no way that they all can be the same dimension.

7. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    You sir are a wise man. ok now, if you were to make a kjw m4 into a sniper what would you do to it, that would maximize its performance?

8. Munishin

Goodyear
    There's plenty more people on this forum that are far more informed than I. Personally I don't feel comfortable covering this topic any further because I know little information so I would recommend waiting for others to chime in or you could go ahead and ask on gasguns.info or AirsoftArizona. (end run on sentence) Plenty of people on AA have owned or own KJW M4s.

9. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    ok well thank you anyway for your advice Note. It was much appreciated

10. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    Ok so I got a Noveske 12.5 free floating rail system to work for the gun, but now I am wondering about a Magpul PTS PRS Gbb stock. Would one fit on the gun? I dont wish to puchase this stock if someone cannot confirm if it will fit on the gun as they are $170 a piece

11. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener