kjw m700 accuracy problems

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by snipes_mcgee91, Oct 22, 2012.

1. snipes_mcgee91

snipes_mcgee91 New Member

OK I bought a new m700 gas powered sniper rifle. It's an awesome gun and what not but for some reason the accuracy blows. I mean it may be mostly accurate for a couple shots and then it'll send one flying that I can't even see through the scope. I tried using heavier bb's just in case it was a problem with the .30's I had. I'm not sure if its an inner barrel problem or if my gun is just an idiot. Opinions and answers are greatly appreciated

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    It's a consistency with your gas. The only way to fix this is stop any air leaks you may have and run an HPA Rig. You should also stablize the barrel and hop up mechanism parts as that can cause fliers as well.

3. snipes_mcgee91

Gotcha. Well I can definently do the barrel and hopup tweaking. I'm also going to buy the "tight bore" barrel off of evike to see if that'll help. And a new magazine. Just in case.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    What brand is the TBB? If it's tighter than 6.03mm, avoid it.

5. snipes_mcgee91

Its just a barrel that they sell in the parts and upgrade section for it. And yeah I'd only go with 6.03 anyway

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The stock inner barrel will be fine, mate. By the way, I suggest making sure your Outer barrel is straight and true. That's a problem with some of their M700s.

7. snipes_mcgee91

That's what I've heard also buuuttt, if that was an issue then why does it only shoot wild ones every once in a while ya know? So ill check the internals

8. egalsim

egalsim Member

Bakersfield
    Make sure your outer barrel is tight with the receiver. also make sure that it is tight with the stock.

9. snipes_mcgee91

Oh it definently is. I've had it for two weeks now and have taken it almost completely apart (minus the trigger assembly) around 4 or 5 times and have tightened everything good

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    If I remember correctly, KJW M700 can use AEG barrels.
    If not, I have a conversion kit for it to use AEG barrels and ER hop :p

Other than consistency of the gas, there's also the lubricant in the gas.

11. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    I think they do not take AEG barrels stock. (As in its an aeg barrel stock...)However you can make them accept them.

12. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Barrels of: VSR, KJ M700, AEG
    [​IMG]

13. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    What's the window cut? That's what I meant. (I could pull apart one of my two kjws but I'm lazy...)

14. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Same as AEG. 20 character

15. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Then I stand corrected. Thanks.

16. snipes_mcgee91

Well I use the propane gas and add like two drops of pub every so often. Since I have to tanks I used one and put two drops in the nozzle of the tank. I avoid the "lube" tank because it messes with the feeding of bb's from the magazine and also kinda lubes up the whole rifle. Inside and out. So every 15 mags or so ill fill it with the lube tank. And ill have to look into the aeg barrels and er hop

17. snipes_mcgee91

Extra info about the barrels and hop is handy tho. Since I'm just getting into gas rifles and such

18. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

I've heard that for gas rifles, tighter is better. I know that 6.03 is the best for aegs, but there is alot less vibration in gas rifles. I'm planning on getting a 6.01 mm angel custom barrel for my M700 that I'm getting.

19. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    How much does it cost each year to feed them? Do they all live in your house? Did you train them yourself? That must be expensive having 14 people living with you.

20. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    May I sig this please?