KJW M9 Problem

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by GreenBerets, Aug 8, 2012.

1. GreenBerets

GreenBerets New Member

I have recently purchased a KJW GBB M9 and i have a big problem. The Accuracy is terrible. The gun would should fine but the BB would immediately fly up and to the left. I don't know what the problem is. Ive used heavier BBs and the reviews say that it can take either propane or green gas and I've tried both. The instruction manual does not show a hop up and i couldnt find it when i took it apart. Please help me if you know what i should do. Thanks

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Have you cleaned the barrel?

3. airsoftgunner16_2

airsoftgunner16_2 New Member

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=btDqqW0W41Q[/ame]

Hope this helps

4. GreenBerets

GreenBerets New Member

Yes. Ive cleaned the whole gun before i started using it. I can try again. Thanks

5. Knief

Ann Arbor
    If you didn't see it (because it didn't show), Airsoftgunner posted an instructional video for you.

How are you cleaning the barrel? Improper technique is often the cause of accuracy problems.

6. GreenBerets

GreenBerets New Member

I had just watched the video and i will try that technique as soon as i can. To clean my barrel, i take a small damp cloth and push it in and out about six times. If you have a different suggestion, i'd be glad to hear it

7. GreenBerets

GreenBerets New Member

image-1581804215.jpg

I had just done what the video told me and my M9 doesnt have a hop up. Plus that video was for WE. Mine is KJW

8. Knief

Ann Arbor
    It has hop up, it's just not adjustable. When you say "damp," do you mean with water or something else?

9. GreenBerets

GreenBerets New Member

Yes with water. I just cleaned it this morning

10. Knief

Ann Arbor
    So, water alone generally isn't that great at cleaning things, especially when a lot of what you're trying to clean is lubrication. And soapy water is hard to flush out without submerging the gun. Some folks recommend alcohol, though I use silicone. Either works. You want to run a couple of swabs soaked with either down your barrel, but be careful to stop before you hit your hop up with either. If you use silicone, you'll want to run a couple of dry swabs down the barrel after to clean out the lube.

With your problem, I would take the entire hop up assembly apart and clean everything in some warm soapy water and scrub the small parts and rubber bits with your hands. When everything is clean, inspect your hop up and barrel for any nicks, tears, scratches, abrasions or anything else that might be effecting your bbs' trajectory. Relube the areas that need it but keep the lube out of the barrel and off of the face of the hop up rubber, reassemble with care, and see how it shoots.

11. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

You are supposed to put 2 drops of silicone oil on each side of the slide, and the moving parts

12. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

KJW M9s infact DO have an adjustable hop up system...

I own a KJW PT92 Tauras licensed M9 - http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_45_241&products_id=35274

And a KJW M9 Tactical - http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_45_241&products_id=30329

If you check those links from evike and scroll down to specs it'll say "hop up adjustable."

Now heres a little how to and a picture to demonstrate how....

image-2989376096.jpg

Remove the slide and turn it upside down... There's a tiny little hole in the little inner barrel assembly... Inside that little hole is an allen screw (1.5mm) that adjusts the hop up... Tighten (clock wise) the screw to adjust the hop up, loosen (counter clockwise) the screw to adjust the hop down.

Since your bbs are flying up you will need to adjust the hop down (counter clockwise). Adjust 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn at a time and test in between the adjustments untill you get it just right.

Clean the barrel as well like the other dudes were saying...

There is a common misconception that kjw m9s don't have an adjustable hop up because their counterparts (marui, hfc, we, etc.) don't have it. But as you can see they do!! Huge advantage for KJW... Or as you kids say... "kjw for the win!" lol.

Hope this helps and keep us posted on the results as this thread can be very helpful to anyone with the same question.

13. GreenBerets

GreenBerets New Member

Ive seen the ones with the allen key adjustment and mine does not have that.
    http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/KJW_M9_Mil_Spec_Gas_Blowback_Pistol_p/ggb-9606-black.htm

This is the one i have

14. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

15. GreenBerets

GreenBerets New Member

image-2008233575.jpg

Let me know if you need a better picture

16. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

I do not see any sort of hop adjustment. I've seen the allen style and the little wheel style on all kjw gbb pistols i have worked on. Oddly enough i see nothing on yours...

What brand and weight bbs are you using?

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    There's a chance, albeit a small one, that KJW replicated WA's newer hop up design (their older 1911s are WA clones rather than TM clones because TM didn't have a 1911 then). Check for a similar hex screw just under the chamber. It would run parallel to the barrel and be accessible with the slide locked back. My guess is it isn't there, but you never know.

Pictures help:

[​IMG]

18. GreenBerets

GreenBerets New Member

I am using GoldenBall Proslick .20 gram bbs. I have also tried TSD .28 gram bbs but they do the same thing

19. PonyBOy

PonyBOy New Member

Bethesda
    Is there any way to put an adjustable hopup onto a KJW M9 without an adjustable hopup? If so, can someone shoot me the link for an M9 hopup unit?