KJW Vs. KWA

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Hartman96, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
  2. FSTK

FSTK Member

KWA Pistols have a better OOTB experience by comparison, but KJW Pistols are more upgradable and has the potential to outperform KWAs because KJWs are based off of TM design (which by proxy means nearly all TM parts will be compatible). Which one being better overall depends on your needs as a player and your tech-skills with GBB Pistols.

3. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    KJW are good but KWA is AMAZING.

4. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Depends on what model and goals of either best stock performance, upgradability, etc.
    KJW P226 is better than the KWA 226.
    The rest, KWA wins in stock performance while KJW is much better for upgrades. Who'd want stock performance for the rest of their lives right?
    They are both good IMO. KWA is more user friendly but KJW is great for a little more experienced players in terms of plinking around and swapping internals.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  5. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    It really depends, 80% of the time I say KWA, their hop UPS are very consistent, the NS2 gas system is phenomenal, and the QC and customer service was bar none for when I needed them.

That being said, KJW has its nice niche role, unlike KWA, it is TM compatible making new/upgrade parts a breeze to acquire. The Co2 systems on KJWs are IMO unparalleled for reliability for GBB (not to mention KWA doesn't have any Co2 models). The co2 is great for colder climates where your mags cooldown way too much to even get a mag through. kJWs get about average performance for a gun that price but are overall much better quality than other guns in that price as well

As stated, KWA does have a few flunk models as well. Most notably is the KWA 226, while in comparison the KJW is an excellent sidearm and definitely a worth TM clone that functions very well.

o, for me Id say it comes down to the needs of the shooter, I personally have a KJW hicapa co2 for winter, a KWA as a backup to my TM Five-seveN during the summer.

6. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

7. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    I did hear the KWA P226 had problems but the KJW P226 wasn't good either both me and my friends' broke so.... KWA and KJW suspended making them and KJW just released a new version and KWA will be releasing a newer model later this month

8. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Overall KWA makes better guns, BUT there are a few "red-headed" KWA pistols out there that KJW did a better job with.
    Both are great companies and manufactures.

I often tell budget players to stick with KJW, not only because their guns are a bit lower in price, but also because additional mags are also cheaper.
    But MilSim and gun enthusiast players will greatly appreciate KWA because it's ACTUALLY 1:1 with real steel weapons, where as most other weapons (including KJW) are 1:1 with Tokyo Marui weapons.

9. sawkid216

sawkid216 New Member

I really wouldn't compare the two. they both are really great company's. but KJW is more upgradeable.

10. Trent099

Trent099 New Member

Carbondale
    KWA is overrated, they have almost no upgrade parts and are a bi*** to fix when they break.

11. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

No no their gas pistols are decent. Don't assume everything. KWA isn't as bad as you think. They are upgradeable as every other rifle or pistol out there. Minus a few stupid proprietary parts.

12. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    +1....... 20 characters

13. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

You can tell I'm in a awesome mood because I just backed up KWA.

14. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    Their pistols cannot be upgraded besides using KWA only parts. They use a proprietary GBB system.

15. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Oh right........NS2.

16. jinggong

jinggong New Member

BRIDGEWATER
    KJW is my fav, not diggin the painted on orange KWA Glock series. Pretty ugly imo

17. jinggong

jinggong New Member

BRIDGEWATER
    But to be fair KWA m9's dominate KJW m9's

18. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    KWA M9s are the best M9 on the market. My opinion but if you have handled one you should know

19. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

There's a price difference of $55 and trademarks of course KWA wins this one.