Knights armament pdw 8" vs Robinson arms xcr

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Coxinabox, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Coxinabox

Coxinabox New Member

So christmas is rapidly approaching and the wife has demanded a list.

I've been looking for a cqb gun lately, and blah blah blah, I've narrowed it down to these 2.

I know the xcr is a split gearbox with nonstandard v2 parts but I don't know what's different. What's compatible between the xcr and a regular v2 mech box?
    Additionally, what kind of battery styles does the xcr have?

Does the pdw have any other battery options other than a peq?

Do you have personal experience with both these guns? Are there any other high end pdw/rdw armalite type guns I may have over looked? I'm not looking for soul crushing performance, but great looking and feeling externals are paramount.

2. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    Both guns pretty much want you to use a PEQ box. However it is possible through modifications and wiring to rearwire the XCR to a M4 style buffer tube. I personally would go with the XCR. While the PDW is nice, the XCR can be used for both CQC and field.

3. Rearrs

Rearrs New Member

ESCONDIDO
    I would go PDW because it doesn't have a split gearbox.

4. Coxinabox

Coxinabox New Member

Why would you avoid the split gearbox? Ics has used them for quite a while, and people love them.

Also, I'm really into the skeleton folding stock. I was looking around and saw that the xcr can hold an ak stick lipo In the upper receiver if you pull the mock gas tube assembly out. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks.

5. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    While the XCR can hold a lipo in the body. Echo 1 says to just use the PEQ box.

6. Coxinabox

Coxinabox New Member

The echo 1 is the xcr....

7. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    I know that. But both guns are made in the VFC factory.

(20 characters)