Know of any AK models with ABS and specific features?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Sobiiapplesauce, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Sobiiapplesauce

Sobiiapplesauce New Member

PHELAN
    -edited for clarity-
    I'm just trying to find a AK design that is made of your typical shitty ABS or any kind of plastic that isn't the heavy design stuff you'd use very much,

but I need it to have nicer features like the free sling loop ring, and a clip-in magazine well. Those features are nice but they don't come on abs plastic models, because they don't usually have moving outer parts. Like a clip mechanism for the magwell or a exposable hopup. Usually all parts are frozen solid on ABS/plastic guns.
    I understand AK magazines have a lip to rotate in. But ABS AKs don't utilize this as they don't have a moving clip mechanism.

If you know of anything plastic with functional outer features, I'd be obliged if you could link me or help me out. (It doesn't have to be perfect)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    The AK does not have a history for fast magazine changes. You will need to find another platform for that.

3. Sobiiapplesauce

PHELAN
    Not true. Every AK I search for has a clip-in magazine well that makes for fast magazine changes.

Look, it doesn't have to be perfect. But if you know any AK models with *some* of these features that'd be helpful. Like an exposable hop-up unit. Most plastic AK's don't have the hop-up unit exposable with the handle thing pulling back, it's usually melted to the gun as part of the shell just for looks.

4. Sobiiapplesauce

PHELAN
    You're wrong. Every AK I search for has a clip-in magazine well.
    Look:
    [​IMG]

5. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    You terminology is confusing and not standard.

AK mags have a lip on the front, that means it "rocks" in.

Versus AEG's that are STANAG and that just "inserts" in. Where a user can drop a magazine and index and insert another in a much faster manner.

Hence my demonstration here:

AR Magazine Change

AK Magazine Change

Plus it is sounding like you are on a low cost budget and want a realistic AEG. You may want a MPEG in the 90.00 range. with has a detachable magazine that "rocks" in.

6. Sobiiapplesauce

PHELAN
    [​IMG]
    I'm not here to argue semantics with you. If it's faster than a slide-in mag well then that's what I meant by fast. Clip-in is faster than slide-in. My plastic UKArms AK is fully plastic and the magazine slides out like a STANAG. Most plastic AK's do not have a lip on the magazine, so they slide out very slowly. They do not use the clip mechanism, they have a button for release instead.

No, I am not on a low-cost budget and do not want a realistic AEG. I want a plastic AK model that has functional features like I said. If you could listen to me that'd be great. I'm just trying to find a plastic AK that has functional outer parts, if it has an exposable hop-up chances are it has a "rock-in" mag functionality too.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  7. Sobiiapplesauce

PHELAN
  8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Communication is a two way process. If one side is not communicating in a manner that the other side understands. It's not all the fault of the listener...semantics or not...

If you want to dictate your terminology on an industry that uses something else...have fun with that...I know...I have been struggling with the populace using the incorrect term for "packing" with "bucking" for decades.

And that is a MPEG...glad it's sorted for you.

Peeque likes this.
  9. WaveZ

WaveZ Member

Concord
    Umm... Seems like this is sorted. Just to back up Guges here, the "Rock in" on the ak is standard... It would be irregular not to have it. Even most LpAEGs have it. As for fast mag changes, that is down to practice and the user. I can swap out AK mags very quickly, simply because I have a lot of experience with doing it.
    As to finding the right gun, most people want metal, but if you really want plastic, CYMA makes great AKs, plastic and metal. Check out evike rather than amazon, you'll find better stuff there.
    For good bang for your buck, i'd recommend this ak, but there are loads of them on evike, so find what you're looking for there
    https://www.evike.com/products/23921/

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    At least this is an AEG:

[​IMG]

And not a MPEG from Amazon

[​IMG]

11. WaveZ

WaveZ Member

Concord
    To the original poster, what are you looking for? Do you want an electric gun? Are you using this to play airsoft, or just a fun toy that you dont wanna drop $100 on? If your looking for an insert mag, the ak isnt the right platform. The rock in mag is an ak staple, you will find it on every one. The slide in will be on other types of guns. I would be happy to help you find exactly what youre looking for.