KRYTAC m4 CQB vs MAGPUL PTS masada

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by lollkoll, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Krytac m4 crb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Magpul pts masada

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lollkoll

lollkoll New Member

Title says it all. Which gun should I get?

Originally I wanted to get an airsoft gun with a quick change barrel system along with a quick change spring system so that i'd have a nice and versatile gun ready for many different environments without the need for me to do too much internals work. With the krytac i've heard so many good things about its performance that I guess i'd be ok with forgoing the quick change barrel system for it... but I wanna know... what do you guys think? Which would perform better out of the box? The krytac or the magpul?

Also, are there any good M4 AEGs out there with a quick change barrel system and a quick change spring system? I've seen a lot of m4s with quick change spring systems, but I haven't found any quick change barrel m4s.

2. jwis2323

jwis2323 New Member

Hamtramck
    Krytac no question have 2 of them. Had 2 masada they both broke within couple months...
    Masada looks cooler but....

3. Allizard

Allizard Member

Brea
    It's NOT a quick change spring. Seriously folks we never use that term officially.
    You are still require to take half the gearbox out of the receiver to access the spring guide.

4. ThroughBigFoot

ThroughBigFoot New Member

Roseau
    I personally own and have used the PTS Masada extensively. The Masada itself is a very sturdy gun with the stock being solid, the magazine doesn't wobble, the receivers and grip are fantastic, the barrel is easy to change and the gun itself is easy to take apart. But this is all external. The guns internals are a joke. Yes they do their job, but not very well. I've put over $600 to get it to function the way I want it too. This includes a new hop, inner barrel, all parts in the gearbox (including the wiring).

The gun now after dumping $1000 into it. Is easily the best gun in my area, even out performing most P* on the field. But it was an expensive task.

From what I understand about Krytac. Their guns are some of the best for under $500, I think VFC might be slightly better when it comes to quality. But if they do, its by a slight margin.

I hate saying it but go with the Krytac. You will not have to dump loads of money into it to make it a fantastic AEG.

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Haha, relax Allizard. "Quick Spring Change" ONLY replies to the gearbox, not the gun itself. In the world of Version 2 gearboxes, there aren't many true Quick Spring Change designs. But once the gearbox is removed from the shell, swapping springs is a breeze.

But getting back on topic, the Magpul Masada is a waste. The money you're throwing out is just for the name and licensing, performance simply is NOT there. Needless to say, Krytac would be the best direct to spend money in terms of the 2 guns being discussed.

-mobile device-

6. Allizard

Allizard Member

Brea
    It's pretty funny when someone tells me to relax when I'm the Product Manager behind the project.
    Imagine all the pressure I have to bare. :eek: LOL.

Unfortunately most people have the wrong perception that quick spring change means little or minimum work to replace the spring. Which doesn't apply 95% on M4 AEG. I'm just making sure people understood it is not.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  7. jwis2323

jwis2323 New Member

Hamtramck
    Hey project manager how many times do I have to summit my rebates forms to get my rebate talked to 3 of your people and all say the same thing " resummit" ...

8. Allizard

Allizard Member

Brea
    That's CS issue but PM me your info. who did you talked to and I'll look it up.

As far as I understand the process is pretty straight forward.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015