Krytac P90

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Ben3721, Aug 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

This is probably one of the more surprising releases I've seen in awhile, surprising as in I actually have no idea why krytac decided to make a P90. I havent seen one since p90 girl at stonebreaker in 2016.
    Part of me wonders if this is just a rebrand of a old junk P90 or if they (or their oem) made a clone or original design of their own.

The price tag is $439 US dollars for the plastic body gun. The mags are 33 bucks and hold 50 to 200 rounds that keep up to the stock fire rate of 24 rps at 405fps with .20 bbs.
    I hope the mosfet isnt horribly proprietary.

https://www.evike.com/products/13727/
    Any more info on this would be awesome.

Edit: it has a two stage trigger powered by a external mosfet on the gearbox.
    It accepts TM mags.
    It uses typical krytac internals with a newer piston design.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    aotsukisho likes this.
  2. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

I was disappointed even though I knew the P90 was the likely candidate...was actually hoping for an FNC or FAL. Seeing it cost nearly as much as the Vector is kind of difficult to swallow, considering the CYMA is also licensed at 1/3 the price and has the benefit of being a Marui clone.

At least it wasn't something low effort like an FN-USA rollmarked M4A1 or M249 lol

3. Ben3721

I have a feeling it will be much cheaper in a few years. I don't think we will see a Fal, the scar market is flooded, they made a m4/lmg hybrid already so I was unsure.

I also know a lot of peeps have vectors with burnt out mosfets sitting at home. So hopefully that won't be the case with this p90. However I'm unsure if one could Jerry rig a Standard 3034 mosfet to this p90. It depends if the two stage trigger is fully electronic or if it's part mechanical.

JHat likes this.
  4. aotsukisho

Sad but true

lol I forgot about that

Funny thing is, the Vector comes with a 3034-based MOSFET controller...a company charging a premium for premium products really should have a better switching solution. TO-220 package is relatively large and they could fit multiple TO-263 or even more SO-8 package components with a common heatsink like how RC controllers have done for at least a decade.

5. Kuratosu

Kuratosu Member

Tucson
    Aside from all the other issues this Krytac P90 has, I want to focus on the fact that they are using Injection Molding Polymer instead of a Nylon Reinforced Fiber body, which would at least give us less reason to criticize it's already atrocious price tag. I mean really, how much would it cost to buy a cheaper CYMA P90 and shove a Mosfet into it? If that costs less, this P90 is asking a premium for likely proprietary parts and a cheap body. I do not believe it's worth it at all. Especially with Krytac reputation for sticking to "their spec" instead of what is loosely called the industry standard.

Also, it holds a LONG type motor in it? Why?

6. aotsukisho

Injection molding is how all plastic airsoft receivers are manufactured. Glass fiber reinforced nylon is the type of plastic, not a manufacturing process. You can injection mold glass fiber nylon.

7. Ben3721

Why...
    [​IMG]

I have a feeling that neither of these brands will sell out these p90s for a few years then do a blowout closing sale on them in 5 to 8 years.

I get people like oddball guns. But to be a big name brand and drop a aeg to a very narrow group of players isn't logical.

I feel like krytac still has that money high from the vectors, which people liked a lot, I don't think there will be the same hype for a p90.

As for Nov, I just think he is trying to build himself up an entire selection of halfway decent stock aegs. I don't see any other reasoning besides that.

Right now people want arp9 guns or other lookalikes. A more streamlined bullpup aeg with normal grips would likely sell better. How about a bottom fed bullpup that accepts a m249 gearbox but still uses a m4 hop up unit? Guess that's just asking for too much convenience.

This market gives me a stroke trying to comprehend it. Where did they get data telling them "hey seems people don't want a krytac ak or a noviritsch ak, so let's do a old gun like the p90 at the same time another company is doing it so we end up splitting the sales and loose all our money"

I guess it's easier and more profitable to clone a plastic tm gun and sell it as new. I'd imagine doing a stamped steel body gun from the ground up is 3 times more involved.

End rant.

8. aotsukisho

lmao what timeline is this

9. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    I highly recommend everyone reading the official press release on krytacs website. The P90 from the info give sounds like it will be killer. View attachment 172239

Ben3721 likes this.
  10. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  11. Ben3721

Yeah 200 rounds with a single turn double stack. Hopefully thats a good quality spring and lasts a long time. I'd imagine if it is a decent spring it should keep up to dsg rps.

12. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    From the looks of it, it should be a “standard” midcap spring so replacements/upgrade spring should be easy to find. Unlike the king arms p90 midcap which use a small circular spring and has about a max feed speed of 27-35 rps ish.

13. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I hope it not a "standard" midcap spring...those units are pretty bad...

14. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    Do you mean in a P90 mag or as a whole?

15. Ben3721

Thats also a long spring unless it's 2 springs with a mid connection like cyma does

16. Ben3721

17. Ben3721

Here's a photo of the gearbox. Right away I noticed the holes for the bearings aren't centered. That's really bad for shimming. Darn...

Edit: Photo removed by request.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  18. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    What do you mean by not centered? I can’t exactly see any problems from the photo in regards to the bearings.

Am disappointed in how they did use their “gold” coating like on the trident line. Also curious to know if the cut off lever will self delete because of how it’s always in contact with the sector.

Also, where did you find this photo?

19. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    Supposedly that picture is of a pre-production model so hopefully any of the bearing issues will not be present.

Ben3721 likes this.
  20. Allizard

Allizard Member

Brea
    Maybe ask for my permission before posting the pic? Seriously. This is a pre-production gearbox for checking function.Not even the final product.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2021