Krytac SPR input

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by badgerblood, Oct 14, 2021.

1. badgerblood

badgerblood New Member

Fairly new to airsoft. I’m working with a full metal Krytac Trident MK2 SPR. Need some input from pros to help me meet field limits. With the following upgrades currently installed, my avg fps is 388-394FPS with .20g BB. Field limits I’m attempting to reach and not go over by too much is 420FPS and 1.64 Jules with .20g BB. Here’s a list of installed upgrades.

1: 6.03 promethius inner barrel (416mm length)
    2:Maxx/EMG hopup
    3: maple leaf macaron bucking
    (75 degree)
    4: Modify flat nub

I have 2 tune up springs. One is an evike irregular pitch m120. The second spring is Matrix M125. Need help determining which spring to install to help me reach those field limits.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Neither is a good choice. Both are low grade semi-soft springs that will lose speed over time, a rather short amount of time.

Your best result would be a hard spring in the 210%/M125/SP120 range.

However, for now. A M125 is closer to what you need. M120 is a 400fps class spring.

Quite honestly...that 20fps is not going to give you much of an advantage over a 400fps shooter...

Rather fields employ the 420 fps rule for the "soft" springs users. Many M120 shoot high until they settle...thus that is why they "allow" a 420 fps AEG to play. For most insurance requirements. The MAX is 400.