Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got done building a Krytac DSG. Made a few modifications to the Gearbox to fit a Perun V2 MOSFET and it runs like a dream. Trigger response is great and I have tested it in one game and had no failure after 1000 rds.

Here is the parts list:

Stock Krytac Gears,
SHS DSG Gear,
The Real Deal Performance Piston,
The Real Deal Performance Piston Head,
PTS Motor Grip,
ASG Boost Motor 30k 18TPA,
Maxx Model Nozzle 21.25mm,
Maxx Model Type C Trigger,
Perun Hybrid V2,
F.L.T. Bushings,
M150 SHS Spring,

FPS is on average 340 but I'm sure it will settle after a few games.
ROF is unknown but I estimate about 40 RPS.

Message me if you might be interested in buying it. I'm trying to build Krytacs for substantially cheaper than umbrella armory with very similar specs.

Happy Hunting.
Colin

P.S. Picture was taken with Bolt Catch and Ambi Selector removed. Those are included in package but can be removed on request. I prefer Krytacs without the chineseium bolt and have found that the Ambi switch gets in my way. Either way you choose, the gun will come with the parts.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Selling upgraded AEGs online for profit is not an easy thing to do. You may actually have the best gun on the market, but if a potential buyer can't tell you from the next guy looking to off his project/learner gun...

Don't estimate RPS, measure it. If you don't have a Chronograph, get one. Use Audacity if you must. Any 'hand waving' you do will convince potential buyers to look elsewhere - if you can't measure RPS you probably didn't test for PME, might not have glued the rack, might have used an aluminum piston head, might have the wrong length nozzle, might have a spring that's to weak or low quality, etc etc.

Show the open gearbox, weigh the piston, post real numbers along with battery specs, accept you're not likely to make back what you invested if you paid retail for everything, and maybe someone'll take the risk and buy it. Be mindful of return policies - if it yeets the rack next week you'll be eating it.

Not meant to be harsh or negative, just pointing out you've got an uphill battle here.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Great advice @rm105.

Along with ROF the other number you should be measuring and posting is the AEG's efficiency numbers.

I'm trying to build Krytacs for substantially cheaper than umbrella armory with very similar specs.
Also realize that a customer is not only paying for the collection of parts from UA they are paying for the decades of collective wisdom and experience that UA has building upgraded Krytacs. Any person can buy the same list of parts, install them, and have a functioning AEG. Building a high end, efficient AEG is much more difficult task. Just something to keep in mind as you launch your new venture.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your remarks and advice. I cannot measure for RPS because I do not have a chronograph. I do not have a chronograph because I don't have the money to buy one. I did measure for PME. The DSG gear engages properly and the tappet plate does too. I'm not a beginner and my build list did not come off just any random person's list. I chose the parts I used because I was building the gun for myself to be able to compete in CQB tournaments. Again, thank you for your advice but I am not looking for it. All you guys have great posts that I often referenced WHEN I was building the gun. RPS will be measured when I go to my local field. AoE was corrected by simply using The Real Deal corrected parts and observing that they do their job. Again, thank you for your advice, but if I need it, I will ask. Quite frankly, all I wanted to do was to SEE what the Custom Build market was like.

Be mindful of return policies - if it yeets the rack next week you'll be eating it.
Dude, you have me laughing so hard... :ROFLMAO: yeets the rack...

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Gotcha, but if I'm going to invest in a custom build from an unknown tech shop I want to see at a bare minimum:

• the ROF
  • the efficiency numbers
  • the pics rm105 recommended

You are a new member to the forum who hasn't shown us any kind of Internet presence. You need to build credibility outside of you just telling us you are a good tech. Sure, we get that you are getting started but you need to look at this from the consumer's POV. Why should I buy an upgraded AEG from you? Because you listed some parts and told me that they work?

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
"Real Deal" Airsoft parts are "nothing special".

And some of it quite...misleading.

Like this...

Product Book Font Publication Recipe

That is old stock Monster Pastille resold as Macaron. Cut open a Monster Pastille and Macaron and one will see that they are the same.

Plus many of their parts are just another rebrand of an item made by an OEM and they had their name painted/lasered/etched on to the part.

In most cases...it's just a rebranded "Stock" part that is resold as a marketed "perceived" upgrade part. Price for 80 times more than the cost to produce it and sold to an OEM AEG maker...

As a consumer for these items...the Airsoft market is very "inexperienced".

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Quite frankly, all I wanted to do was to SEE what the Custom Build market was like.
Also, you may get more bites if you post in the Marketplace. Most folks in the "Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs" thread aren't looking to buy custom AEGs I would venture to guess.

If this post had gone in that thread I would not have given the feedback I had. It's all about context man.

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Not to discourage you and I have to say, good Airsoft Techs are very badly needed.

But, knowing the part, it's history and what is the same thing under another name is just as important as putting it all together.

Here is a test and if you know the correct answers that shows you are a head above most others.

What is the difference between a Hard Spring and a Soft Spring?

What does fluid dynamics say about air flow and how does it work in an AEG.? Part two would be is an AEG an open or closed system when it's at rest between shots?

What is the most important factor about a motor?

Think carefully about your answers....and here is a hint. Visualize a big picture answer.

And if you have a smart phone, you can use an audio recording app to check your ROF.

·
Registered
352 Posts
As a note, the "Real Deal" piston assembly is, as far as I can tell, the exact same as Big Dragon stuff you can get from Begadi. Not sure if Big Dragon is also the OEM.

The piston assembly is surprisingly tough--I've had it survive pretty good PME--but it's way heavier than you want for a high speed build.

Seconds on what everyone else is posting. Honestly, my first gun was put together pretty badly, and I would never have known it. It took me gaining more experience and working on more guns to see what was really going on and making the necessary corrections. I'll note that I also used the Real Deal parts, and they simply didn't work for my gun. Not even because of them being bad parts, but because the advertising is flat out false, and the parts failed to meet the specifications for what I was building. The website lists the piston assembly as "ideal for high speed builds and DSGs", but the piston is heavy enough that for most guns I wouldn't put it in anything designed to shoot over 25 RPS on a full stroke. I tried it in something designed to shoot 35... go figure.

The more you learn, the better your teching will be. So never be afraid to learn. :)

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Big Dragon Parts are just rebrands of low quality Airsoft parts...

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts