Krytac Trident MK2 SPR questions

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Christian Bonilla, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Christian Bonilla

Christian Bonilla New Member

1. What type of spring does the Krytac SPR MKII come with stock?
    2. Lets say I were to get a krytac, leave everything stock and use 0.28g-0.30g bbs with a 11.1v 15c lipo, how much fps would that be? (assuming 400 fps with 0.20g)

2. Jeranhound

Jeranhound Active Member

Seattleish

3. Christian Bonilla

Christian Bonilla New Member

It's funny.. after all these years of playing airsoft I never took time to stop and think.. the fps reading is with 0.20g, i've never even used 0.20g for playing.. so when they say "400 fps with 0.20g" and fields usually chrono with 0.20g.. so technically if we put that into perspective, everyone with an aeg that starts out with around 400 fps is actually playing with 30+ less fps (assuming their using 0.23g+ bbs and no upgraded spring or bucking) I feel kind of dumb now for realizing this 7 years laters

Topshotz357 likes this.
  4. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    I feel like fields should chrono with .25g to be more realistic to what people might use and give a little more leeway with fps limits

5. Jeranhound

Jeranhound Active Member

Seattleish
    Actually, chronoing with heavier BBs is more restrictive, because a typical build will give more energy to a heavier BB just because of how long it stays in the barrel. Joule creep builds typically use rather short barrels so that they have a much lower energy during chrono simply because a .2 leaves the barrel before it can be accelerated to as high a velocity as the gun is capable of.

So, really, it would make more sense to chono with heavy BBs to prevent hot guns, rather than to give leeway.

6. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

At fields in the UK it is common practice to chrono with the BB weight you play with and then just use a chart to read off the actual muzzle energy. This way fields prevent people trying to use joule creep to field a gun that's potentially dangerous.

7. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    I like softairNJ they chrono with .25g which allows me to use a 450fps dmr as a assault class if I want this is what I mean by leeway just enough to let a dmr play both roles mid n long range not just 100+ft shooting

8. Allizard

Allizard Member

Brea
    That depends where you get your Krytac SPR. Most regions have m120 spring. UK gets m100 and Japan is m85.

Topshotz357 likes this.