KSC: G18 vs. G17

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Bait, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Bait

Bait New Member

Sorry if you think this should stay in my first thread but, that is done. I know what I am getting but, I just want to discuss which model is better.

The problem with the G18 is that parts will become warn down faster than the G17 and the little pin in the back could fall out and ruin my time.

The problem with 17 is the lack of full auto, but I will not be using full auto that much due to only owning 2 mags. The 17 would have less warn down parts but not as good looking as the 18.

The big decision comes down to the pin. If I lose the pin I'm done. I googled the pin for replacements and did not find any. That's why I like the 17 even though the 18 is better for my needs.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Sounds like you've decided on the 17. Is there a question here?

3. Bait

Bait New Member

Kinda, I want to find out if the pin falls out a lot or rarely. That's basically it.

4. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    Stick to the G17 and learn to shoot fast.

5. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Fixed it for you... :cool:

6. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    lol, ok that too but if you're stuck and you just need to shoot your way out or try to take as many opponents with you as possible, you need a fast trigger finger.

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    If you want to hit a lot of air, sure. I'd work on accuracy over speed. Speed comes with time.

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I heard this saying one time. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. I think it applies here:).

9. r0cker33

r0cker33 New Member

Kent
    i would go with the 17. it will last longer