KSC G19 vs WE G19

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by celt, Aug 1, 2014.

1. celt

celt Member

I have both g19s in hand...

WE G19
    KSC G19

both are good looking guns, and have nice weight to them and metal slides.

in the pictures attached, the WE is on the left, and KSC on the right.

in short, niether one is an exact 1:1 with the RS Glock 19. Neither one fits in my G19 holsters, but they both fit in my G21 holster no problem (a touch loose, but I have a tension screw that will fix that).

the reset on the WE is a little more positive than on the KSC, but the trigger feel is a little better on the KSC than the WE.

I am not going to function test the WE as I am trading that to a friend for some 9mm ammo, but he has one already and he is quite fond of it.

the magazines are not interchangeable, but I expected that. I like that the KSC has a cover plate to cover the loading port on the magazine so that it cant get filled up with dirt, etc.. during speed/combat reloads.

the slides on both guns are exactly the same at 1 1/64" of an inch. I like the way WE did the extractor in their slide as its a separate piece of metal and it wiggles a bit and just looks more real. The KSC is molded into the slide and is fixed.

the frame on the WE measures 1 1/8" wide

The frame on the KSC measures 1 1/4" wide

I opted for the KSC after purchasing the WE because it was said to be a more reliable system and a true 1:1 ratio. Im disappointed that its not a true 1:1 ratio, so im hoping that it is going to be more reliable in the long run and worth the extra money.

also... the mag drops more freely from the KSC, if you press and hold the mag release on the WE the mag gets hung up, although if you just press and release it drops free. On the KSC, if you press and hold, or just press it drops free either way.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  2. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    I find it hard to believe the right one is KSC.... lack of trades, plastic barrel end, missing frame elements. where did you buy it from?

3. Jtg199

Jtg199 Member

Sarasota
    looks almost like a kwa, with a trigger safety added

4. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    Nope, missing even obvious KWA frame cutouts. I don't really know what that is, the magazine has one too many intents on it as well I think. Could be a GAS replica, I dont know.

5. Jtg199

Jtg199 Member

Sarasota
    my ksc glock 19 had the same number of indents, i hope its not a copy

6. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    Missing the "box" on the side of the frame that the WE has, where an RS Glock would have markings as well.

7. celt

celt Member

It has the markings on the slide, but they are somewhat filled in due to the trade mark issue with glock.

It also came on a ksc box. See picturealso, it was ordered through ehobbyasia.

Attached Files:

8. celt

celt Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  9. BrainfreeZe

BrainfreeZe New Member

Tampa/Wesley Chapel
    I prefer the stark. Full trades and has great crisp recoil. Cheap, beautiful, efficient, effective. Also it fits in my safariland duty holster perfectly...

10. celt

celt Member

What is the stark brainfreeze?

11. BrainfreeZe

BrainfreeZe New Member

Tampa/Wesley Chapel
    It's a glock 19 made by VFC under the brand of Stark Arms. They run about $100 on ehobby last I checked in early May. They have a metal slide with full trades and a metal outer barrel. Trade marks everywhere. Looks and feels like a real glock 19, shoots great and fits perfectly in my safariland 6365 holster. [​IMG]

12. Jtg199

Jtg199 Member

Sarasota
    Starks are good for there money, but I thing is spend a little more to get another ksc.. Only if I could find one with an abs slide

13. axlej11

axlej11 Active Member Supporting Member

Freeland
  14. celt

celt Member

Thanks for the replies. I googled them after I posted. How do they rate against the WE, and KSC. From all ive read, the ksc is the most reliable. I dont care about trademarks really, I just wanted something with the same geometry and manual of arms as the glock 19 to supplement my live fire training.

15. BrainfreeZe

BrainfreeZe New Member

Tampa/Wesley Chapel
    I have had all three glocks from all three companies. I have also had other non glock sidearms by TM, KJW, etc. The stark is by far my favorite.

16. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    Stark isnt 1:1 either. Some G17 holsters have enough play to effectively fit the wider frame and slide. I know Fobus GL-2 was able to fit a TM G17, which has wider dimensions. Certain Safarilands are easier to accomadate wider frames based on material and age.

If you're having trouble fitting the KSC, the closest 1:1 spec in airsoft, in kydex, Stark is going to be a lot harder. The one issue here is that it sounds like all your holsters are kydex molded, in which case its going to be a lot harder than someone who's just using a SERPA,etc.

While I dont mind Stark, they are only about 80% compatible with TM, the "core standard" for upgrade parts. A lot of the main stark components are proprietary (slide, as the biggest part). If and when that does break, your screwed. KSC/KWA offers the second, slightly less available standard set of upgrade parts, and actually has the largest array of upgrades over any other KSC pistol. Look hard enough and you can replace almost everything. I wrote a short write up about EVERY brand Glock, let me see if I can find it and copy and paste for you.

17. celt

celt Member

Tx mp5, that would be a good read. I was initially looking at the WE due to parts availability , but learned from this forum that its still easy to get parts for the ksc. Thats as important as reliability to me, and those two criteria are what I use for all real firearms I own. First is always ultimate reliability, then parts availability.

18. rngood

rngood Member

Los Angeles
    I posted in that thread you just posted, but i'll write it again here. There are replacement slides on WGC for the stark arms. They are only $30.

19. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    But no aftermarket support. WGC carries the stock slide, but there are no aftermarket options.