KSC G19 vs WE G19

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by celt, Aug 1, 2014.

1. BrainfreeZe

BrainfreeZe New Member

Tampa/Wesley Chapel
    But their like $100 and the performance is great when you see the aesthetics and the cost of the replica. Like I've said, I've owned all three and prefer the Stark

2. rngood

rngood Member

Los Angeles
    Why would you want to upgrade an aluminum slide with 100% accurate trades?

3. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    ^I dont have anything against the Stark, I'm just pointing out one potential downfall.

Same reason people replace other slides, if you wanted another finish or another design that isnt the stock one.

4. rngood

rngood Member

Los Angeles
    Fair enough, but when you buy the Stark, you're probably looking for realistic trades.

5. celt

celt Member

how is the reliability of the stark? ive already been shooting the ksc, and have no complaints so far. im just asking our of curiosity.

MP5, i read your post in that thread and its good info.

but i am curious about my new KSC purchase. What parts should I be aware of that are known weak points, and are there any parts I should keep on hand in case they break?

I dont know much about airsoft guns as this is all pretty new to me.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  6. rngood

rngood Member

Los Angeles
    I haven't had my stark for very long, but I'd recommend just staying with the KSC. It will do you fine.

7. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    The one part of interest would be the impact hammer (generally called the valve knocker by anyone other than KSC). They have a tendency to be a wear point over time, and eventually give out and break, causing two round burst, or just lock up altogether. Stock ones are fine, Shooters Design makes a steel part if you want to step up your game, $19 w/o shipping or something like that.

A new floating valve (generally called the rocket valve, blah blah blah) is also not a bad idea. Even though V2-V3 KSCs have metal ones stock, the dont do all that well, and switching to other brands is useful.
    If you want consistency, Falcon or R.C.C.
    If you want to try and go for a slight boost in power, the Shooters Design is really the way to go. Ive had all of them, and they are all great parts.

Oh, magazine releases too. KSC mag releases tend to wear out quite easily. Luckily, KSCs can accept real Glock mag releases with little to no modification.
    Generally drop in, but some require light sanding on the top edge so the mag doesnt sit too high. I've used OEM Glock and LWD catches without an issue.

8. celt

celt Member

yeah, at this point I have no intention of changing the gun out... I liked the idea that the WE was highly compatible with TM parts... but so long as any critical parts are easly available for the KSC im not concerned. I expect to put some heavy use on this gun for training purposes so I just want to know what parts I should expect to break or wear out, etc...

9. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    ^Also just be aware that the sights enjoy falling out over time. Not a big deal, figure I'll mention it. Real Glock sights will fit, so if you have a spare set or something you're good to go.

There are upgrade parts on the KSC too should you ever decide you want to do that.

10. celt

celt Member

tx, i do have a couple pair of stock sights sitting around. what parts are worth upgrading? for me, im all about reliability, so if there are parts that arent too expensive, but will greatly increase reliability i could be tempted to swap them out before I run into trouble..

11. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    Well personally I'm a fan of trademarks, so aftermarket slides are my choice. Not only do they look nice, but the higher quality, lighter metal makes slide cycling more efficient.

Again I would recommend a floating valve here, a really good consistency upgrade. As is the steel Shooters Design impact hammer, but that's rather costly for one part, and Ive only ever found it on one site (DenTrinity, if you're interested).

While the stock ones suffice, barrel and hop upgrades arent too bad, but if it isnt a must, then you dont need to spend the ~$30 right away.

Keep it cleaned and lubricated correctly, and it really should be fine without any major upgrade parts.

12. celt

celt Member

somehow I missed this post. This is just the information I was looking for, thanks.

13. celt

celt Member

you have been a big help, thanks again.

14. celt

celt Member

20210709_184726.jpg 20210709_184749.jpg Update, the gun finally broke down on me. After almost 7 years of regular training i would estimate over 15,000 rounds have been through it. I was on my 3rd magazine with it. A part of the hammer assembly (i believe it to be part #87 on the schematic) broke. And the plastic tunnel that feeds the gas to the barrel had the little ring worn out so alot of gas would escape, but it still worked). Not sure if I can still order parts for it or just get a new gun.

If I go for a new glock replica either a 19 or 17, who makes the most reliable/realistic one nowadays?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    wetpee and ma_airsoft like this.
  15. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

I know a guy with parts for that and a spare one. But it's outdated.

TM still makes the gen 3 one. Do you want gen 5, 4 or 3? Cuz that changes your options

celt and aotsukisho like this.
  16. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Loading Nozzle 9.00

Not sure what in the picture is broken for the hammer area, "spring". $7.00

A KSC that is "properly lubricated" will last a decade. By properly lubricated I "Don't" mean Airsoft lubrication methods...which is very wrong.

Your magazine wasn't leaking in the past was it or was it just drop damage?

celt likes this.
  17. celt

celt Member

I attached a pic with the broken piece and an arrow to indicate where it broke from. If he has those parts please let me know.

As for a replacent, i was leaning towards an Umarex g17 gen 4 as i found it in stock, but im not opposed to gen 3 or 5. I do want reliable and realistic as i use it for training as a supplement to real steel training.

20210711_121323.jpg 20210709_184726.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  18. celt

celt Member

First mag the "ear" broke off where the bb gets held. 2nd mag stopped holding gas.

19. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Magazine Feed Lips - Available.
    Do Not put oil in the mags. Use only dry propane. Seals can be rebuilt with RTF silicone.

Putting Oil in the Gas is Wrong. You should not put oil in a carrier (gas) that passes over a place that you don't want oil (hop-up packing) on the rubber that is susceptible to degradation.

KSC seals are low grade "rubber", silicone oils eats away at this material.

Just use dry propane and grease/oil it like a real firearm. IMG_20210711_123933.jpg

There are training Glocks with a local Sheriff Dept that has been running since 2003...the practice using dry gas and greasing guns...

20. celt

celt Member

Thanks, where are those parts from and how can I order them?