KSC G19 vs WE G19

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by celt, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    They are from my basement. Just ask me what you want.

wetpee likes this.
  2. celt

celt Member

Well, according to this parts schematic I would need part #'s 22 and 87 along with 207 for one of the magazines. ksc_G19_main-1.jpg ksc_G19_mag-1.jpg

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Opps..that is the C sear...let me look for the Non-FA sear..

On a side note...you could try Class 6 Cyanoacrylate to glue that part back together.

Our use a small butane torch and low temp aluminum solder and braze it back together.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  4. celt

celt Member

I appreciate the help. At this point Im going to buy a replacement, but if you had the parts and it wasnt too expensive id try fixing the 19 as a back up.

Since many guns are out of stock it looks like the gen 4 g17 from Umarex is a pretty solid gun. Id prefer a g5 but i need a replacement sooner as I run drills at least 2x per week and I want to keep up with that.

5. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Umarex GBBs being a solid option is a "subjective" term.

Due to the production schedule required to pump these gbbs out. Many units are being "hand fitted" and the tolerances are varying. It is in your favor that you should get a "working" unit, but many have slipped out with issues and spare parts for these guns is limited to VFC supply only...and it's only 2 ticks better than KSC right now.

celt likes this.
  6. celt

celt Member

Good insight. Im not an airsoft guy, I am a "gun guy" and I do alot of training both formal and informal. This past year I have done more airsoft training due to the insane cost of live ammo. The point being is that I dont know much about airsoft guns, but Im glad there are replicas out there that make for great cross training.

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Oh what you are doing is not rare. Many shooters are going Airsoft for training due to high ammo prices.

And with FoF Drills...it's quite valuable.

celt likes this.
  8. celt

celt Member

Im an older guy, and Ive been telling people to use AS as a supplement for live fire training for many years. I got into about 7 years ago myself (when starting this thread). I also use a Krytac SPR MKII for rifle drills.

I see many prominent firearms trainers and competition shooting now embracing it and I attribute covid and cost of live ammo to the reason AS guns are harder to find now.

Im also a big fan of FoF (frankly this is my preferred method of training) and some trainers I know are using AS over simunitions or UTM.

9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Sim rounds is expensive (~$1.25 a shot...last I saw), not accurate and causes a lot of scarring...I think my 20 year old sims scars have finally faded...

celt likes this.
  10. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

Back when my girlfriend was struggling to pass firearms training in her police academy she used that g17 you sold me right out of the box for like 1500 rounds to practice. She struggled with basic things like barrel dipping and pulling/pushing the trigger sideways. Once she overcame that, I took her to shoot like 250 rounds at a public range with real steel (rented). She passed firearms training a couple days later.
    [​IMG]

celt and aotsukisho like this.
  11. celt

celt Member

Guges, do you have part #'s 22 and 87? Coincidentally, a magazine for the 19 that i ordered a few months ago just arrived. If i could find the parts for this gun cheap enough it would be worth repairing since i have 3 mags for it. Do these mags work with any other g19 replicas?

12. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
  13. celt

celt Member

Thanks, if you come across part 87 please let me know, of if you know anyone thatneeds magazines for a ksc g19 i have a few.

14. kengrant

kengrant Member

griffin
    Check message from me .