KSC Glock problem

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by schmidty, Dec 11, 2012.

1. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    Will probably be picking up a KSC Glock 17 locally soon. Before I do I need a bit on consultation on an issue it has.

According to the owner when the gun is cocked while upside down the entire slide assembly will fall off the lower if there is no mag. When there is a mag or is oriented correctly it works fine.

Has anyone encountered something like this before? I'll be able to test the gun in about a week and I don't think it's a deal breaker but I'm not experienced in this area. Any help is appreciated.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    It sounds to me like he's missing a spring that may pin the take down lever in place or the take down lever itself is broken/missing.

http://unconventional-airsoft.com/gfx/ksc-g18c/glockpartslist.gif

That would be parts #51 & #52 in the above diagram. It's been a long time since I've been in a KSC glock and I never really messed with the take down lever when I did, so I can't tell you anything for sure. There's a good chance that you could contact KWAUSA about getting a replacement. KSC and KWA glocks use the exact same design, so if KWA still stocks parts for their defunct Glock line, you'd be set. Worst case scenario is, he's broken some slide rails or something and you need a new slide or metal frame.

[edit] UNCompany has a pretty decent stock of KSC glock parts, including the inner metal frame. But it appears that parts 51 and 52 are out of stock:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct.asp?L3catid=96

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012

3. Napple

Napple New Member

Knief pretty much nailed that one. How much is the seller asking for it?

4. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    Awesome, thanks for the help. That doesn't really sound like a deal breaker to me. I'll peruse the web for the parts. Is email the best way to contact kwa? I'll look up their info tomorrow.

Package is the gun, two non leaky regular mags, one non leaky extended and one leaky extended. Don't want to give out more details until purchase. Pretty good deal IMO.

That will leave me with plenty of budget for the new parts and various upgrades.

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Airsoftatlanta.com is where I go for all of my glock needs. And yes, knief is right. That seems to be the most logical choice though it only coming off when upside down doesn't 100% means that's it. Whatever it is, it won't be an expensive fix unless there is a problem with the slide or lower receiver... 95% sure knief is correct though

6. Napple

Napple New Member

The reason why i ask is because if he is asking any more than $100 id say he's ripping you off

7. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    Yeah it's less than $100

8. Napple

Napple New Member

Then if you can fix it, go for it

9. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    Don't have time to fix it with applications due in a month. I'll probably just send it to shady or someone. But yeah, as long as the testing goes well I'll go for it.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  10. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    if you have teh aprt it takes 5 min to do...
    Glocks are the easiest guns to work on