KWA 3.0 Ronin Tactical T10-SBR AEG: Recommended mods?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by modularvideo, Nov 30, 2021.

1. modularvideo

modularvideo Active Member

Los Angeles
    Haha! I'm too cheap to buy tracers. The laser-grip will come today but now I have to wait until next week for the EOTech. Hopefully, the laser is zero-able. Was excited to get the EOTech today, but oh well. Will try some laser-targeted Coke can plinking tonight. Maybe I'll even post a video demo'ing the ROF.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  2. modularvideo

Los Angeles
    I moved this post to the general accessories forum.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If its visible it's not less than 4mw

The last 14 years, "lasers" have been coming in more and more powerful and no one has the bandwidth to "check" them for compliance.

modularvideo likes this.
  4. modularvideo

Los Angeles
    I moved this post to the general accessories forum.

5. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    Guges, what mw laser do you recommend?

6. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

If your doing filming or photoshoots, a high power green laser isn't too bad. But even a 5mw green laser with some smoke is highly visible.

modularvideo likes this.
  7. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
  8. Hyperslow556

Hyperslow556 Active Member

PDX
    On the cheap...

Before you field it, take down the upper and pull the barrel and hop. Pull them apart and clean the bucking, the inside of the hop and inside of the barrel.(I use shotgun bore cloth from the sporting-goods store) I switch up to the Purple Prometheus bucking, but had to lightly sand the lips to correct a feeding issue. Doing so showed massive improvements in accuracy.

Also...

https://tacticalparts.com/blog/kwa-air-nozzle-alternatives-redux/

Scott Treece and modularvideo like this.
  9. modularvideo

Los Angeles
    Thanks a lot! I don't even know how to disassemble the gun. But my take-aways are:

• Prometheus purple bucking (although article says KWA OEM is fine).
    • Retro Arms CNC 21.4mm air-nozzle ($7.00).
    • Viton fluoroelastomer 1mm x 5mm O-ring ($4.51 pack of 25).

If I decide to this, while I'm at it, isn't a ported piston-upgrade + pad also recommended? If so, which piston/pad? Thanks!

Also, since high-FPS is a personal want (i.e., I don't play, so field-restrictions don't apply), shouldn't I also upgrade to an M120 spring? What is the stock spring rated at?

Lastly, since the whole reason I had to sacrifice the last-round cutoff feature was to more easily accommodate a Gate MOSFET, seems like I should just add one anyway; though, unsure what the Titan gives me that the Aster does not (I only want three-round burst and full-auto).

10. modularvideo

Los Angeles
    Yes, I blew some e-cig "smoke" to take that picture. For filming, I'll have to buy a real smoke machine as I'm definitely looking to photograph some night-exterior, laser-sight effects.

11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Again mod nothing,...you are not at the point where modifications are of any benefit to you. At most the GATE...but all others...not "needed" for you.

And you really need to get into the weeds and learn the details of this sport. You mention upgrading to a M120 Spring...but your AEG already comes stock with a M120 spring.

From KWA Website:
    • FPS Range: 380-400 FPS
    ^That is the FPS range of a M120

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    modularvideo likes this.
  12. Purplehair

Purplehair New Member

Somewhere between Dallas and Corpus Christi
    That nozzle likely won't fit. KWAs have proprietary tappet plates and nozzles, unless you hunt down an older tappet plate that takes TM nozzles. A piston with a metal rack is a good idea if you put a Titan in it. I use Cyma FMR pistons. My QRF ERG ate the piston about an hour after I put in a Titan, mostly because I got stupid with binary. A neo motor would be good, the KWA motors aren't great. Gears are good, so I left mine alone. KWA ERGs don't use normal AEG springs. TM NGRS springs are supposed to work, and KWA has two: CQB and normal. In mine, CQB was about 300 FPS, normal was about 400, both with .2s. KWA mags work best, make sure not to get cutoff mags if you don't have a cutoff gearbox. The height of the mag is slightly different.

modularvideo likes this.
  13. modularvideo

Los Angeles
    Thanks for the info, purple! [I moved my prior post to accessories forum].

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021