Kwa atp

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by MasterK, Aug 3, 2012.

1. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    I have been wanting a pistol and know that KWA is great brand. I was looking at 1911s and M9s and realized I didn't want what everyone else has. So I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with the ATP and if it lives up to KWA's reputation.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    The ATP has a lot of problems, their M9, 1911, and USP lineup is great.

3. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    What kind of problems ? I've not had much luck finding a whole lot of anything about it.

4. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    If you want something special that not everybody has, why are you looking at an atp? The atp is actually a pretty common pistol. I would suggest getting an M9 or a usp, they will last longer and perform better. The atp has problems with certain parts being installed wrong a well as more parts braking and falling off than any other kwa. If your dead set on an atp, you could get the new auto version that's coming out soon, I think they've fixed some of the issues that are in the normal one.

5. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Hmm....How about the KJW G23 or P226. The KJW P226 seems to be a better gun than the KWA version.

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    KJW built a more reliable Sig when compared to KWA. The KWA variant tends to have quite a few slide issues.
    Just make sure you DON'T get the KJW P229 as spare mags are not as easy to locate.

7. bludyknux

bludyknux New Member

Tokyo Marui Gloc 17/26 ($150-$160). A lot of people say it, but if you're willing to buy an ATP at $120-$140, why not save for a TM? Even a KSC?

8. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

^This. Then again I am extremely biased on the situation as you can see in my sig. LOL

9. ohYeAh69

ohYeAh69 New Member

Why not get a KWA m93r? That is the sickest sidearm in history!

10. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    It's also a waste of money. It has horrible gas efficiency, the slide get sticky really quick, it's inaccurate no matter what you do to the hop-up, etc. if you want a 93r get the KSC.

11. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Unfortunately the outlet which is available to me at the moment doesn't have any TMs or KSC. KJW, KWA or WE. Well, I don't want a WE.

Within KWA my options are:
    ATP
    USP Compact - Don't like
    G18C - Out of budget

Within KJW my options are:
    1911 Hicap
    M9 - Don't like
    P226
    G23

I know the 1911s are great reliable platforms. But where I am, it's all anyone has as well as M9s (which I don't like). I was just wanting something different, and on the KWA side the ATP most closely resembles my reel steel Glock which I carry. So basically the ones that I like (by feel and looks) are the ATP, KJW P226 and G23.

Ultimately I don't want to waste my money, so if the P226 and G23 are serious step down from the 1911s, I'll get a 1911. I really have no issue with them outside of being just like everyone else.

12. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

KWA USP of any kind, or M9, or KWA glock

13. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Why not get a KWA G-19 or used TM Glock

14. FSTK

FSTK Member

One does not simply buy a KSC G19 or a TM Glock without major upgrades.

15. rettitudeblade

rettitudeblade New Member

hi i wanta buy a electric airsoft gun from 100-160 $ any good ones i should get besides the g36?

16. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Guys - This is all I have to choose from at this moment. In a few months I can buy two or 3 of them. But basically I need the best of these options to hold me over. I'll probably keep it as a back up or sell it. I think I just need to choose between the KWA 1911 and USP Compact and be happy.

17. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Get the KWA 1911 MKIV PTP. Looks the best IMO. If you don't want an underside rail get the MKIII.

18. willer2122

willer2122 Member

Pittsburgh
    An m4 is a pretty safe bet (sorry for feeding the gulls, mods)

19. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    That gull migrated away from the forum some 4 months ago...