kwa cqr mod 1?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by maxwell, Nov 29, 2012.

1. maxwell

maxwell New Member

topeka
    *Specifications:*
    Manufacturer: KWA
    Muzzle Velocity: 330-350FPS
    Magazine Capacity: 120 rounds
    Package Includes: gun and magazine,$189.99. Should I buy it?

2. maxwell

maxwell New Member

topeka
    Bump bump bump bump.

3. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    I would recommend a JG M4 or an ICS sportline, if you plan on not upgrading you will be told a combat machine will fit your interests, I personally dislike them though.

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    maxwell,

Please stop bumping your thread. Our rules state that you may only bump a thread if it's gone unanswered for three days. Thank you.

5. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Nope.

Get an ICS Sportline. Better internals IMO.

6. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    The CQR has essentially the same internals as the KM4A1 with a polymer lower receiver. That is why it costs $189 vs. $300. Although I don't personally own a CQR, several guys at my field have and like them. It really depends on whether you mind having a partially polymer gun or not. With the 2GX gearbox, the CQR should be reliable with anything up to a 9.6 NiMH or 7.4 lipo. I would not run an 11.1 lipo out of it without installing a MOSFET and upgrading the piston though.

If you are playing field games, 350 fps may be a little low. It definitely would be find for CQB games.

7. la999

la999 New Member

Fairfax
    I would personally get the KWA Mod 1 since as said above, it's everything a KM4 has, but with a lower polymer reciever. Still has the famous 2GX gearbox. The downside with KWA is that it's somewhat proprietary with parts. That means you can just shove any hop up or internals into the gearbox and think it would work.

8. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    ICS sportline is way better IMO. They are easy to work on, don't have proprietary partsx externals are better, and ICS is just a great brand.

9. BrianVoodoo

BrianVoodoo New Member

Columbus
    The kwa cqr mod 1 like many have said before has exactly the same internals as other KWA M4's however it has a different piston so that it shoots 350. all you have to do it change that piston and boom you have a normal KWA m4 with a polymer lower receiver. If i had the extra money id be buying myself one.

10. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Try a G&P M4. A lot of people I know really enjoy their G&P's. Most people also think their externals are very good (including me :)).

11. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    Well, this gun, where to start. Well let's go pros first.
    As a stock gun:
    Pros: decent internals, beefy gearbox front (alex)
    Gears seemed pretty decent
    Piston was fine
    Ported cylinder puts the FPS at ~330 so good for CQB.
    The metal parts of the externals are good.

Cons: Terrible compression
    Hate the nozzle
    Hate the two piece hop up an ^ style bucking.
    Plastic lower feels like Barbie plastic.
    Minimal battery space
    Weak wiring

As a stock gun, if left stock it will be a fantastic gun.
    As far as G&p goes I've only had one experience with them and it was bad, but not necessarily g&p's fault so I'd still suggest them as their externals are top notch.
    If you want the KWA, get it. You won't be disappointed, but there are better options for cheaper such as g&g, which stock, are fantastic guns, with a good amount of upgrade capability.

12. la999

la999 New Member

Fairfax
    I don't know of any G&P that you can get for $189. Don't even know if you can get a used G&P for that much lol.

13. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Evike has a g&p ak47 for $230

14. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

He didn't tell us about any budget as far as I know, so I assume he doesn't have one. If someone doesn't tell me what their budget is on a thread, I'm going to suggest guns like they have no budget.

But it is true that G&P's can be a bit expensive, even used. It's because they're usually worth it. And I say usually worth it because like other companies, G&P can make lemons.

15. maxwell

maxwell New Member

topeka
    I have a 200 dollar budget by the way.

16. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    With that budget, don't get the KWA. Try an ICS sportsline. They are budget friendly and are great guns at the same time. I personally own two of them and they have performed great, stock.

17. maxwell

maxwell New Member

topeka
    what sort of a upgrades should I put into the gun to get the range and FPS I need for field play?

18. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Spring and Tightbore barrel.

19. maxwell

maxwell New Member

topeka
    Souds hard should I have a tech do it?