Kwa g18c

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Aznrejection, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Aznrejection

Aznrejection New Member

Recently picked up a Kwa g18c... The gun seemed to be in good condition but the only issue stated by the seller was the recoil spring was weak. So I shot it but the gun barley even cycled back. Is that that fault of the recoil spring? Or is something going on? The slide cycles halfway.

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Sounds like a recoil spring or a gas related issue. I know guarder makes replacement springs.

3. Aznrejection

Aznrejection New Member

Is the recoil spring the main issue?

4. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    If the seller said the recoil spring was it, that's most likely your problem.

5. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

Either the recoil spring or a gas relate issue.

6. Aznrejection

Aznrejection New Member

What could the gas issue be? Not really a big gas blow back person. He did tell me that he installed a rocket Valve and that was about it

7. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

Hmmm, The reason it might be a gas problem is If there isnt enough gas, the gun wouldnt be able to cycle.

8. Aznrejection

Aznrejection New Member

Idk see any problems with the mag.. Except one when I try to charge gas, gas leaks out but the mag doesn't leak

9. FSTK

FSTK Member

I think you guys mean..."hammer spring". "Recoil spring" is entirely different. OP should replace the hammer spring and see if it fixes it. It's a $5 part. Even if it turns out to be a problem with the BBU: it's always good to have a few hammer springs on hand. Hammer springs are known to be the main cause of light-strikes (in OP's case).

Still...prepare for the worst. When it comes to fixer-uppers: you don't know what's wrong, so assume everything's wrong. For a newb: that could be too much for them to bear.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  10. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

FSTK is probably right, because if its not gas its most likely going to be a problem with the hammer spring.

11. Aznrejection

Aznrejection New Member

The hammer spring is fine. It seems to be fine.

12. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

What did your friend do to the thing!!!!!!!haha

13. Aznrejection

Aznrejection New Member

I don't even know! Haha the recoil spring might be the reason. But I'll post a video in a bit if you want to see the reason.

14. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

Yeah, I wanna see whats wrong with the thing.

15. Aznrejection

Aznrejection New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_dvuA_Elag[/ame]

The slide barley cycles back and sometimes gas practically explodes out. Also the mag doesn't allow to be filled as it just leaks while being filled, but the mag doesn't leak at all when gas is in it.

16. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

hmmm, I saw what you mean by it doesnt cycle well haha

17. Aznrejection

Aznrejection New Member

Any ideas? The mag is acting funny. You can tell right? How it Spews gas everywhere. And do you think this is the cause of a recoil spring,

18. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

No, because the reason of the gas is probably the 0-ring, but the cycling problem is just all around confusing

19. Aznrejection

Aznrejection New Member

Yeah very confusing.

20. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

Hmmmmm................