KWA G36c or ICS CXP

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by EAGLE_17, Aug 29, 2012.

1. EAGLE_17

EAGLE_17 New Member

Minneapolis
    I found these 2 guns in my price range but they both have there problem's the KWA G36 is not As original as the CXP but the I herd that the CXP has internal problems like the piston and barrel when I herd no problems about the KWA so I just want to know if anyone has had problems with these guns.

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    ICS CXP hands down. The split gearbox design an quick barrel change make it very easy to repair and do maintenance on.

3. EAGLE_17

EAGLE_17 New Member

Minneapolis
    Do you own one? how do you know this?

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    The stock ICS piston is fine with the stock spring as long as you adjust the AOE (something that should be done to any AEG). I have no idea what "barrel" problems you may have read about. I've never had an issue with any of my stock ICS barrels.

And yes, I own a CXP and absolutely love it.

5. EAGLE_17

EAGLE_17 New Member

Minneapolis
    Would this be an easy fix I'm not exactly good with small peices

6. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    The ICS split gearbox is the easiest gearbox to work on.

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    I owned a ICS Sig-552, and I spent a considerable amount if time researching ICS M4s because I debated buying one.

8. EAGLE_17

EAGLE_17 New Member

Minneapolis
    How long has your CXP lasted sparky and how much fps is it?

9. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    I've had this one about a month, but I ran an all-ICS M4 loadout for several years with no issues.

10. EAGLE_17

EAGLE_17 New Member

Minneapolis
    Well thank you guys for your ICS opinion's anyone own a KWA

11. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    My cousin has the kwa g36c and its really good. Then again I only got to use it when he first got it and I don't know if he has had any problems with it. It's up to you- the ics has a split gearbox wich is super easy to work on while the kwa just has a regular v3 gearbox.

12. USOU_Joseph

USOU_Joseph New Member

I have the CXP and love it, it shoots amazingly fast even with a 9.6 battery. The only thing I want to upgrade on the weapon is the PEQ box that comes with the gun. By the way if you have any problems you can just buy a replacement upper gearbox and fix the problem almost instantly.

13. Deacon

Deacon New Member

I loved my CXP. 320fps consistent on an 11.1v lipo. The stock was solid as hell which surprised me quite a bit. It had a loud pop to it as well.

Why would you buy a replacement upper when you can just repair what happens to the upper on its own? The split gearbox design makes things so super simple it's a great system to learn to repair your own gun.