Kwa gearbox v2

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by AJ_Jordan, Sep 9, 2012.

1. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

I just received a awesome kwa v2 gearbox. I installed it into my gng body and its hopup system. The problem I ran into is it isn't feeding right so I can't shoot my gun. What do I need to do? A new hop up system? Compression issues? I don't know what to do.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Wait you bought a 2gx gearbox?

3. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

ya I traded an MP5 for the gearbox and a few other accessories. I just needed a gearbox and this one was on my local classifieds. After I put this thing together with my original hop up system I am having feeding issues. I will post pictures once I get this pulled apart.

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Uh well if I recall 2gx gearbox shells are proprietary and won't work in receivers other than KWA receivers.

5. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Here are the pictures

ForumRunner_20120909_163950.jpg

ForumRunner_20120909_163916.jpg

ForumRunner_20120909_164006.jpg

6. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

It fit just fine in my receiver

7. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

The KWA version 2 gearbox shell is proprietary along with the air nozzle which could be causing the feeding issues.

8. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    The stock air nozzle has a ridge along the top side. If you want to keep the stock KWA nozzle, then you'll most likely need to file down that ridge. I just recommend replacing the air nozzle.

9. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Ok I have swapped the airnozzle but now I am having compression issues with the hop up I believe

10. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Probably because (IIRC) KWA's air nozzle is proprietary. Which could cause compression issues.

11. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

I changed the air nozzle and cylinder head. I had to swap my spring it had ab m150 and I don't run lipos so my gun was having difficulties pulling the springs back. Everything seems to be working great thank you guys for all of your help

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  12. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    Question, why do you have a foregrip in front of an AFG? o_O

13. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Well I was transporting all of my gear from one spot to another.I then hurried up and threw it on the gun to make sure I knew when it was.

14. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

I am having a similar problem. I have a G&G v2 gb on a DBoys body... I have the Madbull Hopup (the one with the internal tracer unit), a modify air seal nozzle, and the stock G&G tappet plate (filed the tappet plate for maximized air seal). I noticed that the sector gear chip is not present. I was told that this delays the tappet plate to move forward, but would this also help with feeding?

15. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Yea that plate gets that push to feed the bbs into the barrel past your seal. That plate has to move in order to get the bbs through your barrel. When I replaced mine I didn't connect the air nozzle to that plate and feeding issues occur. From what I have done with mine that was my problem

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  16. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

I might have just figured out my problem... When i fire on semi, I have to move my mag forward to fire once, pull it back to fire another one, and pulling it back and forth back and forth gets annoying... What can you suggest me do aside from buying new mags?

17. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Are you using magpul mid caps by chance?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  18. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

DBoys... I was planning on either buying an Echo 1 mid cap or Javelin hi cap... Any advice on either one?

19. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Has there been any modification to upper receiver? I personally like the dboys mags but I like mid caps so I gave a few magpul mid caps that are awesome for my jg but they don't fit very tight in my gng.

20. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

All of my mags are mid caps, mostly DBoys mid caps and one Marui... I solved my problem... I already had those plastic coaster things inside the mag well and added a negative side of a Velcro tape... Now it feeds fine. There hasn't been any mods to the upper receiver with the exception to the led module attached to the Hopup. I guess the problem was that the b&n catch on the mag is not disengaging properly... Will take pictures when I get home.