KWA HK45: Pass or Grab

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by xXIndestructibleXx, Dec 16, 2012.

1. xXIndestructibleXx

xXIndestructibleXx New Member

Oakdale
    So now that I have my MP7, I might need a sidearm, considering my MP7 was from KWA and I was astounded by the overall craftsmanship and performance, I now contemplate buying another product of there's. I personally love the look of the USP family and wanted a USP compact until I found out the proprietary rail and non ambidextrous controls. Then when I heard the HK 45's release, the ergonomics and look was just impeccable, so I'm asking, is it worth it? People with combat experience let me know! Thanks

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I don't have combat experience but have handled it and all I have to say is that its a BIG gun. Nice, comfortable feel to it but its BIG.

3. xXIndestructibleXx

Oakdale
    Everyone I've asked said it was rather large, I thought a MK. 23 was large haha, is it bigger than the full size USP?

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I would say yes, it is bigger than a full size USP.

5. xXIndestructibleXx

Oakdale
    FSTK, I've read that already, thank you though. Didn't everyone one say it was a manufacture issue? Because I've heard of people complaining about it a couple months ago but it's seemed to simmer down.

6. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Mine still has those problems. Unless you want to change out the cylinder I'd say pass.

7. xXIndestructibleXx

Oakdale
    Darn>.< This gun looks amazing though... Anyhow, how about a TM Five-seveN? Any good?

8. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    It a TM GBB pistol so yes of course it's good. I can't think of any TMs off the top of my head that aren't. I have heard that the mags are rather expensive though.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  9. xXIndestructibleXx

Oakdale
    I think it was around 180$ which sucks, I just feel more comfortable with metal on the gun, even though the real handgun has a polymer slide, though it does have a metal insert on the inside of the slide. I wish TM did that.

10. FSTK

FSTK Member

hmm....if I was in OP's shoes, I'd probably go for the HK45....from KSC :) But that's cause I already have Marui stuff. KSC cause there are aftermarket parts available for upgrading, then there's KWA's Proshop if you need any parts replaced which we know work on KSC: Good luck trying to find a spare hammer-chassis for your Marui stuff or that one crucial spring that just got away.

Although I don't know if you can do it the other way around: buy a KWA and outfit it with KSC parts. I know it's possible on their old USP line but that was before NS2. I don't know anything else beyond that.

11. xXIndestructibleXx

Oakdale
    True, I did forget about KWA Proshop. Though it still will be a pain if I get one of the lemon 45s

12. FSTK

FSTK Member

It could be worse. You could've been one of our brothers that bought Marui's NP7 and had their nozzle shatter within shots.

13. xXIndestructibleXx

Oakdale
    Wow o_O that define toy doesn't sound like the TM that I know. Personally, I feel when you buy a TM, your no paying for only the Gun, but also just the name (TM) just my thought, a tad pricey to me.

14. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    At the moment I own (looks at wall) 5 of them in multiple variants, excluding the tactical.
    If you have small hands, avoid it. The grip is rather large, and users with smaller have trouble operating it and its features.

I personally love it because my hands aren't necessarily big, my fingers are long so operating the gun is a breeze. I don't really need a second hand except to put in a new mag.
    My only "gripe" with it is the mag prices. KWA are the only mag types that will fix, KWA is generally higher in price than other brands. In addition to that, parts are mostly proprietary, so again, you're stuck going to KWA for replacement parts. It sucks when they sell out and you're not sure if they'll ever get the part back in. I'm going through it right now... I need/want a new compensator for my Match.
    Bit take some consolation knowing the gun is made to take abuse and perform well. My primary has been submerged in water, dragged in sugar sand, dunked in more water, then shot without a problem (it was an awesome game). KWA gas pistols are simply work-horses.
    So if the first part of what I said appeals to you, you MAY like the KP45/HK45, if not, well just know there's a gun for everyone out there.

15. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Unmmm they do. The TM 5-7 is $168 on WGC. It's by far the best sidearm I've ever owned and very worth the price. Far better than any KWA/KJW/WE/etc I've ever put my hands on (over 50 pistols).

16. xXIndestructibleXx

Oakdale
    I've always like KWA/ HK products, I honestly think the HK45 will be worth it. I think I'll pick one up.

17. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

The old model was, the original USP was my first GBB and it was great. However I've picked up a couple more since the NS2s came out, and all have had the same issue: the trigger snapped. Meaning you have to delve into the trigger mechanism to fix it, and that's not fun at alllll. No guides or anything. Speaking as a gas tech, I know very very few techs that will fix those simply due to the lack of guides and complexity of the trigger mechanism.

18. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    I currently have the KWA HK45. It is big, but it's a nice sidearm. It has treated me good. :)

19. xXIndestructibleXx

Oakdale
    @Black Angel

When did you get you HK45?