KWA KM4 SR10 or King Arms S&W M&P 15

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by VinTagExHD, Nov 29, 2012.

1. VinTagExHD

VinTagExHD New Member

I dont know if i want a nice long rail or a more exotic magpul upgraded gun...

2. VinTagExHD

VinTagExHD New Member

I feel like im picking the guns that no one has heard of and/or has never owned one...
    So i'll make it easy, i have a $400 budget, that includes battery and charger, and any attachment (already have a decent red dot)

3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

What statistics(performance) do you want on your gun? What style do you prefer?

4. VinTagExHD

VinTagExHD New Member

Im a big fan of ris rail m4's, but not CQB.i like magpul and ris rails. m4 body and either a magpul buttstock or standard cranestock. I want a gun with a FPS ~380, nice high rate of fire, full metal body, all good quality high performance m4's

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

King Arms M4's such as the M&P 15 you asked about, are pretty solid for the price. If you want to go the full route, G&P M4's are wonderful external pieces of machinery. Replace a couple small internal parts for cheap and you're good to go. Someone else will probably explain what you need to replace for me. :3
    G&P Sentry(magpul receiver, ris, crane stock:http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/g-p-hong-kong/gandp-sentry-magpul-aeg-sand.html

6. VinTagExHD

VinTagExHD New Member

I actually looked at that one on GI... I take a look at it

7. VinTagExHD

VinTagExHD New Member

The barrel is just to short for me though, im one for standard length m4 barrels...

8. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    I have a KWA SR10 as my primary field gun and I have been very happy with it. In stock form, it was very reliable. The only failure I had was that a motor contact came loose. Easy fix. After upgrading the piston, piston head, hop up bucking, spring and motor (with MOSFET, Deans connectors and 11.1 lipos), I am getting a better trigger response, better range and better rate of fire. It has continued (knock on wood) to be reliable with no significant failures to speak of.

I know that some people are not enamored with the KWA externals since they don't have "real steel" trades but that is not an issue with me. I more concerned with the performance of the SR10. In that respect, it has met and exceeded my expectations. One last thing...you may hear that KWA guns cannot be upgraded because of proprietary parts. In my experience, only the nozzle and gearbox shell are truly proprietary. The things you would want to upgrade (i.e. gearsets, piston, piston head, main spring, hop up bucking and motor) are not proprietary at all.

That being said, I also think that VFC and G&P make some very good products. You would likely be happy with their products as well. I have less experience with King Arms and cannot really comment on its products.