Kwa kmp9 gg or prop.

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by mattmen26, Nov 8, 2012.

1. mattmen26

mattmen26 New Member

What would i be better off using in a kwa kmp9, green gas or propane. What is the difference in Power of the two?

2. mattmen26

mattmen26 New Member

Ya know i didnt see anything so i asked and posted it gawsh.

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    But you searched right? Everyone around here searches threads before starting one, that's why there's only like one thread for some of the following questions: How to get my orange tip off, mp7 vs. mp9, what's the best bbs, how good is the lancer tactical, and such.

Don't worry man just try searching next time before starting and you'll fit in just fine I love all of airsoft society and everyone loves searching!

I'm asking not telling you to please search some then start a thread.

4. RainbowAirsoft

RainbowAirsoft New Member

Propane is slightly better but in reality gas is faster and cheaper-Droid-

5. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    No personal experience but knief does love to write books on how right about everything he is.
    Also yeah where is propane more expensive than green gas?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Propane is much cheaper than green gas... how much is propane out your way Droid?

thats because 99.9% of the time Knief is right. Knief is one of the best mods on these boards and one of the most knowledgeable.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
  7. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    ....Yeah, never said he wasn't in fact I quoted him to argue against Droids statement.

8. DeltaSupportGunner

DeltaSupportGunner New Member

Back to the subject. My personal opinion, I have the kwa mp9, I use propane works very good. But u need to make sure that to use silicon to make sure your gun doesn't dry up. Also propane and green gas don't show a difference in power not that I think.

9. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Green gas = Propane + silicon oil + scent
    With that said, they are essentially the same.

In terms of power, it's typically a 0-10FPS difference, and that's directly dependent on the amount of silicon you add (or not add) to the propane upon gassing you mag.

Neither is better than the other in terms of performance, BUT due to cost, most players prefer propane. It's significantly cheaper and is readily available in quite a few stores.

10. Coxinabox

Coxinabox New Member

But some indoor places won't let you run propane. They require gg. Usually because if you use propane, you buy the gg they have there.

11. bal1

bal1 New Member

Did you know that green gas is propane with a different scent with a small amount of silicone oil mixed in. For quadruple the price.

12. RainbowAirsoft

RainbowAirsoft New Member

You can pick up a propane bottle for 6$ at academy and at other airsoft gas is more than 10$

13. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Ummmm propane is gas.....

At other what? Your posts seriously make no sense. You wonder why no one believes that you are who you say you are , it's because of this.

I'll break it down for you. Aside from HPA stuff, there are 3 basic types of gas we use in airsoft guns: Duster gas (HFC134a), Propane, and Green Gas.

Duster gas is has the lowest pressure of the 3 types. It is preffered for plastic or lower quality guns, do to the lower power, thereefore lower stress put on the body. It can be found pretty much anywhere, and typically sells for around $5 per can.

Propane has a higher pressure than duster gas, and is what a majority of airsofters use in their replicas. It can be found at sporting goods stores, walmart, or home depot. Usually goes for ~$3 per can. The main issues found with propane is the power can break some lower quality guns, and the lack of silicon oil, which tends to dry out o-rings, which is why it is reccomended that you add silicon oil to the propane before filling your mags.

Green Gas is basically propane with silicone added to it, as well as a scent to make it not stink. It is hard to find outside airsfot stores, and can be had for roughly $16 per can.

Personally, I use propane. The smell is bearable, you get more fills per can, higher power, better gas efficiency, and it works fine as long as you add silicone.