Kwa/ksc g17

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by BaghdadRecon, Dec 4, 2012.

1. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    Hey guys (and some girls)! I have been looking at this pistol for a while now. I have read, and watched many reviews on the gun, but not any unbiased ones. How is the gun internally? Is it worth the $150? Stuff like that I have questions on. I think it is a very nice looking GBBP.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Are you talkung about the KWA or the KSC? They're different guns. They share the same design, but KSCs are undoubtedly superior.

3. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    I'm sorry, it has been a long day and my brain is fried. I am talking about the KSC G17, my apologies. I have looked at both, and accidentally typed the names together.

4. vietboy1st

vietboy1st Member

Boston,MA
  5. brooksburnett5

brooksburnett5 New Member

aurora
    i would just go with the KWA atp cheaper and they are amazing

6. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize Active Member

OKC
    And they break, and they're hard to rely on. Just ask BlackDragonAirsoft or Mr.Goodkat.

7. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    I have personally owned many glocks:
    1x KWA ATP
    1x TM G17
    2x KJW G23
    1x KWA G19
    1x KWA G17
    1x KSC G17
    2x KWA G23F
    1x KSC G18
    1x WE G17

I can tell you from my experience this is the order I put them in best to worst.
    KSC 17
    TM 17
    KWA 17/19
    KWA G23F
    KSC 18
    KWA ATP (gen 3)
    WE 17
    KJW 23

The KSC 17 had the best feel and the best weight. It was the most accurate out of the box and have the least amount of problems. 1:1 replica of real steel
    The TM 17 was a very close second with the only issue being the slight (you couldnt tell by looking) smaller dimensions than real steel
    KWA G17/19 are both in the same boat as the TM... too close to call...
    KWA 23c is tied with the KSC 18c only because they have parts that tend to break if not cared for properly. they both are 1:1 replicas though and have good feel
    WE and KJW are both in last only because the factory mags are horrible. they are TM compatible so you can get mags and they are fairly cheap, but again not 1:1 scale which is what i personally look for.

The ATP has 3 generation out. the first 2 break and have major design flaws where as the 3rd is their best yet. It is still not great because it still has problems but they are much less than before. I would not own one again but that is because im a Glock fanatic and the ATP is a poor excuse for a Glock

The KSC G17 is the best made, best feeling, best weight and only true 1:1 replica on the market outside of the Marushin shell ejecting(what an amazing show piece). airsoftatlanta.com has alot of the parts for the KWA/KSC M series still but the mags can be expensive.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  8. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Well, I suppose I don't have to post now. Everything Protection said is spot on. The KSC Glock series is hands down the best out there, and the 18c (and 26c as it turns out) have some reliability issues because of their full auto function. I like the KSC Glock 19 over the 17 because it uses a great heavy weight frame that KSC should have put on the rest of their Glock line but didn't. Otherwise, they're pretty much the same aside from barrel length. Fantastic guns if you like Glocks.

9. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    Thanks for the informative post!

10. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    just forgot about the ATP because its a wanna be Glock so I added it in my original