KWA LM4 build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Da-ninjabreadman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    Daninjabreadman's KWA LM4 build

hey guys im just making this thread as a sort of guide/build log for my lm4 build. im going for a sort of PMC/operator looking gun (all black). i might build a PMC loadout if this turns out good. (will add pictures later)

Upgrades yet to purchase:
    madbull 13" troy trx battle rail
    JP style flash hider
    AFG 2
    large tac light
    rail covers?
    RS grip
    magpul stock
    RS dust cover
    RS buffer
    MAGS, MAGS, MAGS!!

Upgrades so far:
    RA tech hop up
    RA blue bucking
    sightmark ultrashot QD
    bolt release mod. to allow power stroking and better engagement.

leave some comments/suggestions or if you want to sell me some of the stuff im looking for, ill be happy to buy it.

ipad pics :/
    before:
    image-739412137.jpg

image-4137994136.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    You should do some before and after pics.

3. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    I'd advise against the rail covers...with a TRX rail, they'd be pointless. Just take one of the removable rails off. Otherwise, sounds good.

4. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    Update: RA tech tbb, hop up, and blue bucking came. awaiting an armor's wrench to remove barrel nut to change out. i think i will go with A-TACS camo for my bdu's and OD green for plate carrier and pouches, hopefully getting a woodland operator type look.

5. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    It's a general consensus on this forum that CB > OD. I think this especially applies to A-TACS unless you're getting the FG versions.

6. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    whats CB? if FG means foliage green, than yes i'm getting the green version. i'm still not a pro at all the acronyms, especially with camo patterns.

7. Napple

Napple New Member

Cb is coyote brown. Kind of like a light brown. It's very nice. I personally run khaki pants with ranger green chest rig and helmet

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    RS dust covers and buffer tubes dont fit just to let you know. The buffer has different threading and the covers are a different size. (KWA forums has pics of the differences)

The stock get a Milspec size that locks(CTR, STR etc) and youll have no wobble

Let us know how the RA tech parts effected the gun... FPS, accuracy and range changes and any install problems as I am looking into these for mine

9. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    my area is very dark green-light green during the summer, tan will stick out very badly.

RS dust covers will attach but won't lock closed, so i won't be getting them anyways.
    ill post the stats of the RA tech stuff once i get it all in and tuned. check out boobiem4h's youtube channel, he has pretty much all the mods there is for an lm4 on there. im kind of using his as a template for internal mods, i have already done the bolt catch mod and i really like it.

10. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    UPDATE: just ordered the A-Tacs bdu set, magpul pts mbus, magpul trigger guard, armor's wrench (for that barrel nut), and 2mm bearings for the hop up mod i will do. hopefully the rail system is up next.

11. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    UPDATE: got the armor's wrench and installed the RA tech tbb and hop up. i only have .20 bb's so its over hopping a lot but seems to be very consistent. once i get some .3's ill get a real accuracy test up. i installed a steel buffer lock that boobiem4h made for me, so now i can safely buy and install a RS a2 buffer. i did the bolt catch mod so now i can power stroke it and the bolt catch has a better engagement with the bolt. colored in the selector switch words with semi and full red and safe white. and polished the trigger so now its chrome looking. that's the biggest update so far, and i'm almost done with the internals.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  12. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Got any pics? :D
    (20 flying squirrels)

13. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    Pic 1 steel buffer lock
    Pic 2 colored selector
    Pic 3 polished trigger, bolt catch mod (little spring under bolt release), and sightmark ultra shot on top rail

image-3627017864.jpg

image-1708018042.jpg

image-1990805944.jpg

14. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    UPDATE: alright guys, its really coming together now. i just ordered from evike a 12" spikes tactical madbull rail (all long tube style rails were out of stock so i settled on regular style rails), angel custom flash hider (sort of JP style muzzle brake), element ergo pistol grip, .3 bb's for an accuracy test, a lens protector for my sight mark ultra shot, and some 7mm bushings for my AKMS which i will sell to further fund my project (probably for lm4 mags).

15. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    got my spikes tac rails and grip and flash hider today, also changed out the hop up bucking to one that uses a ball bearing and needs some tweaking. next up is mags, afg, tac light, 1 point sling, and a2 buffer. ill put pics up tomorrow, its looking pretty good. also got some .28 matrix bb's but they jam alot and im hoping its just a bad batch of bb's and not the gun.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  16. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Well if it just started happening with the new bucking... It could be the bucking. I've never had a matrix BB jam on me before, they're usually pretty good.

17. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    maybe but i dont see how the bucking could cause it, they are jamming in the barrel not that hop up.

18. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Have you cleaned your barrel?

19. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    yup after like the second jam i cleaned it pretty good

20. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    Some pictures with the new externals on, now I just have to fill the rails up and get some mags (probably used).

image-992001890.jpg

image-2907180567.jpg