KWA m11a1 magazine corrosion?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Truedone14, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Truedone14

Truedone14 New Member

I had a kwa m11a1 magazine wrapped up in a blue towel in the guns case and a few days later when I took it out there was blue stuff all over the magazine. I though it was just towel residue all over is to I tried to wash it off and it looked clean but the blue stuff just came back after a few seconds. What possibly could this strange stuff be?

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    What does this blue stuff look like? Pictures would be loads of help. It could just be little fibers of the towel that got stuck.

3. Truedone14

Truedone14 New Member

Like little blue dots all over it. when i wash the mag it looks fine but then it just all returns

Attached Files:

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I don't see any blue dots. However, it's not corrosion. Rub it with some steel wool and it should get rid of it.

Can you get some pictures with some decent lighting?

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    You can rub it with steel wool, but that'll take off some of the finish as well. It's the result of a build up of moisture on the cheap metal. It's happened to the metal parts on a couple of my guns when I left them in their case overnight after a rainy day of playing. Eventually it all just fades away with use. The combination of handling it and rubbing it against cordura as put it in and pull it out of a mag pouch will take care of business in short order.

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Most likely I would do it lightly if I used steel wool. Plus I think worn metal looks cooler than metal with all the paint on it. I like the from afghan and back look, but hey, that's just my opinion. I guess rubbing it on cordura nylon would get rid of it slowly too. That stuff is quite stiff and rough.

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Yeah, nothing wrong with your approach. Just wanted to give the guy a heads up in case he wants to try to keep his mags in pristine condition.