Featured KWA M11a1 thread size???

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by lesajjj, Aug 1, 2020.

1. lesajjj

lesajjj Member

Danbury
    Wanna get a new gun, so thought about getting one of these pretty much. Thing is though, I’m not a fan of how big and bulky the mock silencer looks, and as far as I know it’s the only thing that can screw onto those threads (I think). I’d like to maybe get a long flash hider (kinda like a Minebea PM-9) or a smaller mock silencer, but I don’t know what can fit because I don’t know the thread size lmao.

Anybody know what the thread size is for this thing? I get a bunch of different answers online, so nothing helpful lol.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    No threads are that coarse or large for hiders. You are not going to find any commercially made Hider that will fit that threading. In fact the OD of the threads is 2-3mm smaller than some hiders...

3. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    I had the threads exactly identified, as I was trying to find a barrel extension or fake suppressor for it. I think the OP where I identified the size was deleted on ASF, but I'll look around for anything.

4. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    I found it, and compiled all relevant information for you. Good luck deciding on one. I especially liked the way my M11-A1 looked with just the FTF thread adapter. Always fun to get into paint for things like this.

ET-AC380FS, 5811-3410adap from FTFIndustries.com
    5/8x11 Right-handed

5-8x11-Nineball69.png

lesajjj and aotsukisho like this.
  5. lesajjj

lesajjj Member

Danbury
    Thanks a bunch man!!! Will 100% buy one of these when I make the decision :)

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    You do realize there are no hiders made for 5/8-11 threading, right? Or 3/4-10

7. lesajjj

lesajjj Member

Danbury
    Hence why I’ll just use my lathe lol, more work but ehh, it’ll be worth it