Kwa m16 2gx upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by srg001, Nov 12, 2012.

1. srg001

srg001 New Member

I'm looking to upgrade my kwa m16 into an awesome dmr build. My externals are good but what would be good to change for internals

2. StrayBullet

StrayBullet GAIN TIME Supporting Member

Goodfellow AFB
    Do you have the KM16BR? Or is it one of their other models? I ask because I own the KM16BR and have mine upgraded as a DMR. I can give you a parts list for what I had done to mine if you want...

3. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Psh. All you would need is a better hop bucking lol. You could get away with the stock hop nub.

Internally should be shooting field limits of 400 fps.

If more is designed you could drop in a M115 spring or higher to achieve a greater fps.

And check for all air seal components for good air seal. And you should be good to go for a very inexpensive non-crazy DMR build lol.

If you got the BR version, just grab a good RIS kit. Eh... You really don't need it unless you want a bipod lol

4. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    I have found that PDI W-Hold buckings work very well in KWA guns with higher FPS. Instead of the more fragile "fangs" on the stock 2g bucking, the inside of the W-Hold has more of a (ll) shape that holds up better over time without wearing down. I have also found that it takes very little adjustment of the hop up unit to dial in the W-Hold. IMO, it will give you much better range and accuracy than the 2g bucking. For what its worth...

5. srg001

srg001 New Member

Yes it is the km16br 2gx and please give a list thatd be nice

6. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    You won't need much internal upgrades lol.
    Air seal stuff? Haha :)

Other then that you'll need external upgrades :)

7. srg001

srg001 New Member

Yea true. And my field limit is 450 auto's 550 snipers :O

8. StrayBullet

StrayBullet GAIN TIME Supporting Member

Goodfellow AFB
    You can view what it looks like in my "Stray's Angels" topic by clicking the red link in my signature. It will be on page 3, I believe.

KWA M16 DMR Specs:

Internals:
    Matrix Full Metal Tooth Piston
    Bravo Aluminum V2 Cylinder Head
    Madbull Python 6.03 TBB
    Madbull Thunder Hop Up Blue Bucking
    Madbull M140 Spring
    Lonex Orange Motor
    Extreme Fire SW-SF-II FET
    Reshimmed
    Regreased
    New Wiring harness
    Wired To Deans

Externals:
    Pelican M6/M6 Mount/M6 Pressure Switch
    Harris Styled Bipod
    Mako Group Canted Forward Grip
    G&P SPR Motor Grip
    Trijicon ACOG (replica) 4x zoom W/Red Illumination
    Noveske Rail
    SR25 Styled Barrel Assembly

9. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Oh lol. Cool cool.

- M115-M120 for 450+ fps (everything else stock)
    - M130 spring would put you a little past 480+ fps depending. Some go past the 500 fps mark easily sometimes lol. Had some even tap the 530+ mark on "0.2's" bb's stock.

And that's just for spring installation.

Change Piston for durability if you want. Gears can handle up to M140 if you're not worried about rate of fire. Stock motor will suffice. Piston head is alright, not crazy, but it can handle and it's not the most consistent fps wise.
    I would change out the stock 8mm bearing if you want even more longevity.

I would focus more on the hop up. Good quality Bucking. Maybe a r-hop patch, or custom your own in if you understand the concept of the patch. The stock barrel will be fine.

Stick with .25 bb's and higher.

And a decent scope. Bipod and stuff is extra.

Good luck man :) sorry. I went the cheap build route. Every other upgrade will be to personal preference. The Changing every part part lol.. Just correct AOE, shim, shim hop up, and you'll be in the ball park of a DMR.