KWA M16. Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by stroop66, Oct 7, 2012.

1. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

What do you guys think about this rifle? Is it any good? I know prices are usually to high, but whats our thoughts on it?

2. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

A lot of people hate KWA. However...
    They've never owned one.
    They look for the articles that say bad things about KWA, so you're not going to get any positive stories about KWA if they don't like KWA.

I own a KWA M16 right now. I've used it well over the past 5 or so months, and it's still running like the day I got it. The RoF is decent, and so is the range and accuracy.

A KWA doesn't outperform heavily customized guns, but they're great if you don't want to upgrade.

3. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Thanks! I got a trade offer and the guy offered me a KWA M16 or KWA MP7. I know everyone's going to say get the mp7, but I was wondering if they out perform G&G and JG. (their AEGS) Im pretty sure they do, but by how much?

4. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    It isn't a kwa m16 but it is a kwa with the "2gx" gearbox, it's a kwa cqr. Bought it brand new because I really wanted to be able to form a kwa opinion. I'd like to say for $190 it was fantastic build quality. Full metal gearbox, hefty what I think is steel gears(don't hold me to that). The spring was like an m90-100 it was quite weak, and the bolt was annoying because it would set my hop-up back every time I let the charging handle go. That was easy to deal with though. At around 310 FPS I was still able to consistency hit a man sized target at 210 ft. Altogether I'm happy with the performance and it's safe to say I like kwa and would definitely suggest you get the m16. The only thing I didn't like was the bearings instead of the bushing.

5. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

would you reccomend it over the mp7?

6. Nelson

Spokane
    I've had the kwa kmp9, which was also a great gun, threatening sounding and a fantastic rof, but I would take the m16 over the mp7. Depends what you want it for though. Primary, secondary, CQB, field?

Edit: I forgot too mention kwa does an awful shim job, they didn't shim the bevel gear at all, which heavily grind on the sector gear.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  7. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Im looking to use it as a secondary, primary, CQB, Field

8. Nelson

Spokane
    What is your current primary?

9. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

A G&G CM16.
    (Over 9000! Chara)

10. Nelson

Spokane
    Yeah definitely get the kwa m16 over the mp7. The mp9 I had was fun it just wasn't my style. If you enjoy SMGs or want to try new guns get the mp7, both are great guns so it's really up to you.

11. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    I'd say lean towards the game-type you would like to enhance i.e field or cqb. If field, go for the rifle, other way if CQB.

12. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Thanks guys! Im thinking about going with the mp7 just cause I wanna enhance my cqb side like you said! Do you guys know of any cons of the mp7?

13. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Having played several games with MP7, I have only "found" a few cons. It goes through gas pretty rapidly, the magazines cost @ $50 apiece and the FPS on the first 5-10 rounds typically hits 430 (depending on your field's limits, that could also be a plus). It is a hard hitting gun with good range.

The KWA KM16BR comes out of the box shooting 410-415 FPS with good range (180-210 ft) and good accuracy.

Like the others before me on this thread, the MP7 is more of a CQB weapon. You'll probably get better range on the field with the KM16. You'll need to make a decision based on what type of game you intend to play.

14. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

I have a KWA SR-10, and it's awesome. I chronoed it when I got it last fall, an it shot 410. I chronoed it a month ago when I went to go play, it shot 395-400 extremely consistent per 10 shots. Gearbox has never been taken apart, works like new.

I also own a MP7, and it tears up that CQB. Both guns are awesome, but I would get the M4. It shoots about 15 yards further and mainly because you don't have to worry about gas or 40rd mags. I would get the mp7 later though. It is a tank, the only internal breaking plastic part would be the nozzle, when you can buy a reinforced one for $20.

And I agree with you on those kwa haters, it makes me mad. People would tell me they would rather have a JG than a new kwa. Bull crap.