KWA M1911 MKII Won't Fire

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by jonnycool06, Oct 19, 2016.

1. jonnycool06

jonnycool06 New Member

Hong Kong
    Hey everyone,

My M1911 MKII mag broke and I got a new mag, I looked everywhere for a KWA mag but couldn't find one. The guy at one of the shops said that KWA and KSC are interchangeable and sold me a KSC made in Taiwan metal mag. I brought it home, and it won't fire.

After a lot of research and a full gun teardown (down to the firing mechanism, aka firing pin/impact pin area teardown) and rebuild, it still won't work. The impact hammer that hits the gas release won't actually hit the gas release as it is too high. The gas release valve sits underneath the hammer. Is that normal? I've included a picture of the impact pin area.

I'm thinking either the hammer isn't pushing down far/hard enough to hit the release valve, or the release valve itself should be higher. One thing to note is that previously, the impact pin was stuck inside and wouldn't pop out. I fixed that and now it pops out a little bit, but not all the way.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. jonnycool06

jonnycool06 New Member

Hong Kong
    SOLUTION: I brought it to a shop and turns out the main seal (part 86) inside the rocket valve has disintegrated, swapped it out and it shoots perfectly! Can almost do two mags per gas fill.