KWA m1911 or KWA m9

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by tyler1243bb, Dec 8, 2012.

1. tyler1243bb

tyler1243bb New Member

Am looking for a good quality reliable sidearm. The KWA m1911 and the KWA m9 are the pistols i have found to be what i am looking for. I am specifically looking for a pistol that is overall the best for CQB situations and a good sidearm if my main fails. I am open to different brands and models and my budget is around 250$ maximum. I just want to know which of those pistols is the better buy or if i should get a different gun completely. Thanks!

2. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I had the same dilemma. For Christmas I was debating wether to ask for the kwa m9 or m1911. I decided to go with the m9, even though the m1911 looked cooler and here's why:
    M9 mag holds almost double the amount of bbs
    M1911 mags are sold out everywhere! I couldn't find any!

3. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Well I'm a major advocate for TM pistols but I know not all are. TM pistols I've found are the best in reliability and performance but out done by KWA's realism (TM doesn't use real dimensions of the RS) and I know for some the metal is a breaking point (KWAs come stock with metal slides, TM uses (good quality) plastic).

Out of the two KWAs you've recommended they're both relatively the same when it comes down to performance but the style of gun is obviously what differs. If you like the 1911 style more than the M9 then go with the 1911, there's no defining difference between the two making one superior.

4. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    arguably the 2 best of the KWA GBB line. i have the M9 PTP Tactical and can personally attest for the durability, accuracy, and feel of the pistol. the only issue i've ever had was i lent it to a kid for a kids pistol match and he repeatedly racked the slide (like a springer) and broke the gas chamber cylinder. KWA fixed it at a fair price since it wasn't in warranty. the mags are tough. i once lost one and it was found several weeks later, caked in mud and possible horse poop. emptied the mag of old BBs, cleaned it up, gassed it up and it acted like it had never left my gun bag.

i chose the M9 over the 1911 becauseue of the mag capacity. when we do pistol matches i have 4 full mags (96 BBs) and 1 in the pipe. more than enough for most pistol matches.

5. tyler1243bb

tyler1243bb New Member

Thanks! I have chosen the m1911 because i was not considring mag capacity.:mad: i regret it

6. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    still an excellent GBB. congrats

7. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    Just ordered mine too, if ur having trouble finding mags head over to foxairsoft.com