Kwa M1911

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by AKkid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. AKkid

AKkid New Member

What do u guys think of the Kwa M1911 MK2? I have the desert tan version and love it.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    I think you should spell your words out when posting here. "u" is not an acceptable substitute for "you" on these boards.

3. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    kwa is a good brand. 1911's are good guns. its also good to know you love your gun.

4. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

I like the 1911 ok, its not the best of the KWAs though

5. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

KWA 1911s in general are great guns except for 2 things...

1) single stack magazines only hold 14 bbs (except the DS model) Though i only put 13 when fielding cause the bb follower will lock itself when filled to capacity.

2) impact pin is notorious for falling out when dry fired without the mag... No impact pin, no bang bang lol... It usually requires a complete disassembly of the lower to replace that pin or a really skinny and long set of needle nose pliers (either way its a pain to replace).

To resolve these issues this is what i did:

1) i purchased a KWA 1911 DS though they are near impossible to find (theyre discontinued until kwa releases their "Formula" series). Double stag mags are awesome!

2) i NEVER dry fire without a mag in it.

Another option is to buy more mags... It is cool to replace a mag and hit the slide lock during a game ( so bad @$$!! ).

6. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    1) I like single stack better, and more realistic

2) How do you dry fire without a mag......?

7. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

Agreed on the more realistic... Im a fan of milsim.

Rack it back and pull the trigger... You'd be surprised how often people do this.

8. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    But you say double stack is awesome?

9. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

Im a fan of milsim... But having 30 rounds in a pistol is damn awesome.

If i'm using my gbbr for cqb i'll run my 1911 mk2 with 5 single stack mags total for a side arm.

But if i'm playing pistol only... Double stack mags all the way. Hell ill even use my kwa glock as a primary with a 50 round extended mag.