Kwa m226 holster

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by TH3J0K3R, Sep 15, 2012.

1. TH3J0K3R

TH3J0K3R New Member

Im going to get a kwa m226 ptp and i need a holster. Im looking at the Oe tech fast draw holster. But im not sure if the m226 will fit the holster. Please help.

2. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    It'll fit, the P226 (what the M226 is based off of) is a standard sized pistol (if not a tad smaller than most), if you had something like a Desert Eagle or MK23 I'd be a bit more worried but it should fit find.

Personally, I'd save up for a retention holster, even an ACM one, they're so much better than the fabric stuff IMO.

3. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    A 226 is actually a larger pistol than most. 1911, Glock, and other pistols are generally smaller. I would reccomend getting a hard type holster. Just buy a real steel Blackhawk! Serpa. That's what I have for mine.

4. airsoft-collector

airsoft-collector New Member

If you're looking at the OE Tech fast draw, why not just get a OE Tech Universal holster? Fits everything I own.

5. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Not really...its length is shorter than both the standard 1911 and Glock 17 (as well as USP and Beretta 92). Obviously the 1911 is thinner due to the fact it's a single stack pistol, but really the 226 is of average size for a handgun.

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    The oetech holster is universal and will fit virtually any gun including the mp7 or railed mp9.

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Of course the downside is, you end up with an OE Tech holster. There are many options out there that are much better. For example:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blcqcsehomaf.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tact-holsters.html

Holsters are one of those things where buying the airsoft version doesn't make a lot of sense. Real steel holsters can be had for relatively cheap and they do a much better job of securing and protecting your expensive gun. Often times when it comes to drop legs, they also stick to your leg better and flop around a lot less. This is one of those areas where you really want a decent product. If you trust a cheap holster to protect your gun, expect for it to flop around, fall out, and dump your mags all over the field.

8. airsoft-collector

airsoft-collector New Member

I agree. I have a Blackhawk CQC for my 1911 and I love it. Problem is I can't fit my Desert Eagle in it. :)

If you have the money and can afford a BH for every gun you own, go for it. But if you're on a budget the OE Universal is not a bad choice.

9. TH3J0K3R

TH3J0K3R New Member

Thanks for the help guys