KWA M226 replacement/upgrade parts?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by ARhymingApe, Dec 28, 2012.

1. ARhymingApe

ARhymingApe New Member

hey everyone

I tried searching the forums and couldn't find anything that would answer my question

anyways, I purchased a KWA M226 awhile back and I'd like to grab some upgraded for it.

would KSC P226 parts fit on this?
    thanks!

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    KSC P226 parts will fit the KWA P226. They use the same design. There isn't a ton of aftermarket support for either, though you might find a wider selection on the big HK retailers (I like www.uncompany.com for harder to find GBB parts). For replacement parts, KWA USA will sell you any part you might need to replace for any gun they currently produce. IT's actually pretty remarkable support for the airsoft world.

3. ARhymingApe

ARhymingApe New Member

just the answer I was looking for.
    thanks for the quick reply!

internally, would there be anything that you would replace/upgrade? I haven't looked into upgrading GBB internals (I am more of an external parts kind of guy, but I'm trying to familiarize myself with internals), so what would you recommend for better gas efficiency and accuracy?

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Yes, that slide will fit. There is sort of a catch, and that's that aftermarket metal slides and frames sometime take a bit of fitting. It's just because manufacturing tolerances are always a bit off. You may have to do a small amount of filing on places like the slide rails to get it to fit smoothly. Just go slow with it and you'll be fine.