Kwa m4 mod 1

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Joshpeck, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Hey guys I have a friend who is looking for an airsoft gun. He is a beginner to airsoft and he is also pretty short on cash. He asked me what a good gun for him would be. I thought to myself if this gun ----- http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_223&products_id=38177 would thus gun be any good. If you guys have any experience with this gun or know anything worth mentioning I'm sure he would appreciate it. Also he said he wanted a gun that shoots about 400 fps, this gun shoots 350. . . Would this gun be able to handle a m120?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  2. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    His budget is about $180 for a new aeg, if you have any ideas for a different gun I would appreciate those as well.

3. shootemsteve

shootemsteve New Member

bristol
    Well i own one of these guns, if he is playing indor he is fine. But if he wants close to 400 fps, i would buy a km4a1 cylinder.

4. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Ok, we only play outdoors at a local field.
    What do you think about the gun? Could you tell me a little about it.

5. shootemsteve

shootemsteve New Member

bristol
    Yes, it has a nice fire rate and decent range. If you have extra money buy a silencer and a longer tightbore. if there is anything else you want to know ask me.

6. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    The CQR Mod 1 has the same 2gx gearbox as the rest of the KWA AEG line. The only exception is that it utilizes a cylinder that is ported more toward the front. That gives it an effective FPS of 340-350. If you replace the cylinder with one for a KM4A1 like shootemsteve is talking about, you should get FPS closer to 400.

The gearbox should be able to handle a 120 spring. Depending on what FPS you want, a Guarder SP110 will get you FPS of between 405 and 415. In my experience, a Guarder SP120 spring should get you to between 425 to 430 FPS. Of course, I am presuming that you have good compression throughout the pneumatic train to get those figures. Just be aware that you are going tp have to replace the piston head O-rings from time to time. They have a tendency to dry out.

7. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Thank you so much!

(20 characters)

8. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    No problem. Anytime.

9. shootemsteve

shootemsteve New Member

bristol
    Bulldawg26 is right, but kwa parts a kinda propietery

10. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Hey do you guys know where I can find the km4 cylinder? On evike they have a " high speed conversion kit " but I'm not sure if that's right.

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    No. Don't do that. A longer barrel doesn't get you longer range. If you wanna argue it, be my guest.

Replace the piston head. It's terrible anyway.

To some extent, yes. I wish I had why HS5 hates KWA. It'd save me some time.

What are you trying to find?

12. shootemsteve

shootemsteve New Member

bristol
    Im pretty sure i was on the kwa sight and saw the km4 cylinder. And the other guy is right replace the piston

13. shootemsteve

shootemsteve New Member

bristol
    *piston head my mistake

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Of course I'm right.. I'm a tech who knows what they're talking about. You on the other hand, who are you? You seem to not know much either considering your longer barrel comment..

15. shootemsteve

shootemsteve New Member

bristol
    Oh i meant the barrel for better accuracy.

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    But barrel doesn't give accuracy, bud. The hop up, on the other hand, does.

17. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

This this this this.

How many times must this be said...

18. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    Why would someone get a Prometheus over a Madbull then?

Not saying that you're wrong (or right), just want to hear what you think.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  19. shootemsteve

shootemsteve New Member

bristol
    Thanks for tellen me i was gettin ready to buy a tightbore.

20. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You see, why are you giving advice when you have absolutely no idea what you're recommending they do. Please refrain from it as it only spreads false info.