kwa M9 ptp

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by averageairsofter, Jul 31, 2012.

1. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    I'm looking at getting a sidearm soon and my friend let me shoot his M9 and it felt really solid and was pretty accurate so I was thinking about getting it for a sidearm. I was wondering if they have any major issues I should know about and if I should pick this up. Also, how hoes it compare to the usp? I've heard that the usp is more reliable and has less problems but I looked the look and feel of the M9 better, but if the usp performs significantly better and is more reliable I'll get that instead.

2. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

it's a great pistol, just order one myself actually, now I just gotta get money for extra mags and green gas..

3. averageairsofter

Menifee
    Can anybody help me out here? It's been three days and I've gotten only one short reply.

4. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

Yes it's a great gun, just go to youtube and look at the reviews, I highly recommend it.

5. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Do some research, I've read nothing but good. Really it seems you can't go wrong with M9 or 1911 from KWA.

6. averageairsofter

Menifee
    Ya, I've already done research and looked at multiple reviews, I just wanted some more input from the people on AS.

7. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    From what I gather you do want to stay away from the P226 model.

8. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

Like i said, I just order one and it came yesterday, the gun is really nice and is made out of high quality metal and plastic. There is only two parts of the gun that are plastic, that is the grip and the outer barrel, the inner barrel, I believe to be a tight bore barrel, which I read online. Other than that, I can't wait to try it out this weekend if i go airsofting, I just need to get green gas for it and two extra mags.

9. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    The inner barrel isn't plastic. I don't think the outer is but it may be.

10. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

If you have any question about the gun at all you can just PM me, as for quality goes its very reliable. The outer barrel is polymer and the inner barrel is metal.

11. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    You really can't go wrong with any gas pistol by KWA or TM.

12. averageairsofter

Menifee
    How does it compare to the kwa usp? Because right now I'm trying to decide between the two.

13. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    They're similar enough that you should base your decision on aesthetics and ergonomics and not worry about the rest.

14. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    ^ 'zactly

15. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

I personalty like the M9, it has a better feel than the USP, but there both great guns, so the call is yours.

16. averageairsofter

Menifee
    Okay, I was leaning towards the M9 because I like the look of it better and I also like the way it feels in my hand more than the usp, but I wasn't sure if there was any performance difference or not. Thanks for your help, I'll probably get the M9.

17. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

The usp is good but is a little off balance... Its kind of front heavy... The m9 has a great balance and nice hefty weight. They both shoot at about 330s with .25s

As far as the inner barrels... ALL current KWA guns have 6.05 mm inner diameters... So yes they are considered tight bore.

My groupings were also better with my m9 over the usp... May have been because of how off balance the gun feels.

18. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    i have the M9 Tactical PTP. it's a great sidearm. shoots hard, long and relatively straight. feels good in the hand, has nice blowback, & is not a gas hog. very tough. i've taken some falls with no damage that i can tell.

the mags hold 24 BBs and i keep 1 in the chamber. i have 1 mag that started leaking. took it apart and can't get it to back. something i'm doing wrong, i am sure. lost a mag that was found over a month later. been in the ground, rained on, probably had a car drive over it (lost where we park). got the old BBs out, cleaned off the heavy dirt, put a a few BBs and some propane in and it worked like a champ. took it home, cleaned it up and it still is working to this day.

the left hand safety fell off and i've not replaced it.

breaks down and reassembles like a real steel.

i've had this one for over a year and it is by far the best airsoft sidearm i've ever held. this includes the two TM Glocks o the field, a bunch of WEs (1911s predominately), and a KWA 1911.

can't recommend it highly enough

19. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

Both of the Pistols are very well built, so its totally your choice.