KWA M93R II NS2 version

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by fradd, Oct 20, 2012.

1. fradd

fradd New Member

Before you bother me about it, yes I did do a ton of searching on this website and Google and Youtube before making this thread. But there's still mixed opinions, and that's why I like asking the question to actively responding people.

So I am thinking about buying the KWA M93R II, with the NS2 gas system (not the old one.) Everything I read on this website said it is KWA's worst gas blowback gun ever, but everything on Youtube or on the airsoft store websites (ASGI, Evike) say it's one of KWA's best.

And then on the KWA website, one of the KWA workers (I'm assuming) said this:

"All of the KWA GBB pistols run off the NS2 engine and while there are variations in the parts the performance is essentially the same. Regarding build quality, same as above, variations but no real quality difference."

Does this mean all KWAs are as crappy as the M93R is according to you guys? Possibly.

If the M93R is crappy, then which KWA guns are not crappy?

Also, I barely want to do this green gas thing since I prefer CO2 because I don't want to refill the magazine every 10 freakin shots.
    But since I've heard the NS2 is "fantastic" (in comparison with other green gas pistols) on gas efficiency, I decided to look into KWA.
    But I've also heard that the USP, for example, lasts about 1 and a half mags on a fill of gas, whereas the M93R II lasts 2 mags.
    Why is there a difference?

P.S. I know I made another thread kind of about this, but that was more about KWA's gas system.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    As an owner of the M93r Ns2 version, I can vouch on a personal level for how monumentally crappy it is. The gun sucks, it was poorly designed to say the least. In many cases, the fire selector will stop working, the Ns2 really is nothing to brag about. It is just an all around stinky, heaping pile of crap.

Trust me, there are hundreds of fanboys who will telk you otherwise, but I can tell you that this gun really, really is horrible. If you want a quality GBB, look into Tokyo Marui, KSC, and KJW, in that order. These manufacturers are much more reliable, have better quality control, and in the end will give you your moneys worth.

"KWA. Just shut up and give us your money".

3. fradd

fradd New Member

@UrGirlfriendz

So according to you (I think I saw your replies on the gun in some Google searches) KWA as a whole sucks huge piles of crap?

Well, okay, but are you sure you didn't just get a lemon?

4. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    I'm positive. I have two friends who got the gun and have the same problems and I have met someone else at a local feild who had one that crapped out mid game.

P.S. You probably did see my reviews, I rant about this kind of thing alot:).

5. flameingawesomeness

flameingawesomeness New Member

I have this gun and my only complaint is that the gun lacks a powerful recoil spring witch leads to some feeding problems

6. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

First of, don't believe airsoft gi or evike or any store on what they say. (Now before you say "hey, this is the guy that reccomended this gun in the other thread"!) Always, always, ALWAYS come here for the info (or like unbiased reviews from searching around google). I honestly really like the gun. The only bad thing I can think of is taking the gun apart is so easy, but a pain the gluttious Maximus to put back together. I'm not going at anyone on this thread, but I have a totally different opinion than them.

Edit: an the reason it gets more mags per gas is because you hold it in for 3 more seconds than you do with a regular usp mag.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  7. fradd

fradd New Member

What about the KWA USP Tactical? Better or worse than the KWA M93R?

8. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

This thread is just a pile of miss information so far. It's true that the M93r is their worst model, but that's not a trend that carries over to their other pistols. The build quality on KWA pistols is fantastic, way better than KJW. KWA guns are by no means junk.
    The reason the USP's gas efficiency is different from the M93r's is because the difference in size of the magazine and slide.
    By the way, this is coming from someone who's owned\used both KJW and KWA guns.
    As always, however, if you can afford it then TM is your best choice. But as a a basic sidearm that doesn't have to do anything fancy, KWA guns (not the M93r) are better than anything in their price range and below.

I'm not a fanboy for liking KWA, I'm just someone who tries to get the best guns possible.

EDIT: also, the USP is great. As long as you don't bash it against rocks as a hobby, it should be fine.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  9. fradd

fradd New Member

Thanks, swishy. Yeah I know TM would be better, but I just don't really like the all plastic guns. And I can't afford a TM + metal slide.

I don't go to that many wars anyways, and I just love the sound of a metal slide getting cocked.

I'll probably get the USP, cause yesterday I went to a gun show and they had some airsoft guns and it just so happened that they had the KWA USP! So I held it and cocked it and it felt good. Lol.

But I also picked up a real steel Beretta M9, and the grip was really big for me.

10. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    If you don't want a TM, I would say KSC is the next best thing. They have plastic and metal models, so be sure to double check.

11. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

Why KSC? KSC (metal models) are literally the exact same thing as KWA. Both use the system 7 gas system. The only difference is that some of KSC guns have more realistic trades than KWA's, and KSCs tend to have a lower FPS to accommodate asian buyers.

12. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    The difference is in quality control. KWA seems to put anything out and you have a much greater chance of getting a lemon with KWA. KSC has much better quality control. And does it really matter if you have 25 less FPS? The person will still feel it, and IMO, I'd rather have slightly less FPS and at least know my gun works.

13. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

I didn't mean to mention the FPS change as if it was a negative. I just said it because it was one difference.
    I'm don't believe KWA just puts anything out, but I don't have any experience with KSC guns.
    I guess if you really want to order from China, then KSC is a valid option; but I'd rather just buy a KWA from the states.

14. fradd

fradd New Member

By the way, the only reason I would buy a KWA (or KSC or TM, for that matter) is if it was less than or equal to $130.

And the reason I'm "considering buying the KWA USP Tactical" is because there's an ad on craigslist for it.

So I really can't buy a KSC or TM. And I don't want to go through the classifieds and then have to pay for shipping and all that crap.

All unless of course I convince myself (and my parents) to spend more than $130 of the money I got from pet sitting.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  15. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Swishy,

KSC guns don't shoot with lower FPS than KWA when run on the same gas at the same ambient temperature. Japanese users use a lower pressure gas than we do (HFC 134a compared to Propane/Green Gas) to keep their FPS below the 1J limit. That's not an issue for us, and very few airsofters still use duster for anything other than the more fragile Japanese brands out there like Maruzen.

As for the quality difference between KWA and KSC, the gap is wide, but narrowing some. For years KWA was where WE is now. Pretty much trash. Since the release of their first M9 PTP, they've brought themselves up to usable, even good in some cases. But they're still not hitting the same quality level that KSC has been at for years. The M93r is great example. KSC's version has been fantastic since they released the II seven or eight years ago. KWA's has always been flat out bad. The design is the same, the difference is parts quality, manufacturing tolerances, and assembly. In short, quality control. KSC's is better, and the results will always be more prominent on higher performance and higher stress guns. In this case, the full auto M93r.

16. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

Shouda figured about the FPS. I just thought that they were designed to shoot slower, but that makes a bit more since.

I guess that makes sense about the QC. I always just thought that KWA guns were KSCs that were thrown into a KWA box (or vise versa).
    I might look into some KSCs now. :)

17. fradd

fradd New Member

Just got the KWA USP Tactical used today (it's in great condition) and I shot it in 50 degree weather and it lasted like 30 rounds.
    Me gusta.

It's also damn accurate when you get the hop up right.

18. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

Cangrats! So that NS2 system is worth something after all. ;)

19. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    I like my m93r, the ns2 seems to be pretty good on gas. i get about a mag and a half out of a fill, sometimes two. But it also depends what firing mode im on, full auto will eat through gas quicker than semi, even if shot the same # of rounds. My only complaints with the gun are that my gigantic gorilla hands accidentally press the mag release when i squeeze the trigger, because of the placement.

Knief, youre def spot on about that, i had to do some creative filing to get my KWA to function 100% without jamming back partially every other round. Some of the parts clearances were obnoxiously tight, specifically on the little outer barrel piece that notches into the slide and holds the spring guide. Apparently its a common problem with kwa m93s.