KWA mp7 vs KWA mp9

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by schultzebomb, Sep 23, 2012.

1. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Which one is better, i am looking for one of these for cqb or just to use as a secondary for feild play. I want opinions to which i should get.

2. TYwalde15

TYwalde15 New Member

Willmar
    They both are very nice, i personally would like the mp7 more.

3. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    You will have to get a low power bolt to use in CQB for either, mP7 is easier to switch out.

4. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    As much as I love my mp7, I'd have to go with the mp9 for cqb. The mp9 is more compact and has a slightly higher rof, I believe it is much lighter as well. These are all needed for cqb, but if you think you might use it as a primary, the mp9 will work, but I'd defininetly go for the mp7, it is more accurate than all of the stock aegs Ive gotten my hands on. I'd use it as my primary if there were more upgrades, cheaper mags, gas, etc. I have only had a couple problems (easy fixes) with the mp7 after thousands of rounds, and I bet the mp9 is just as reliable.

5. Devgru98

Polo
    Yeah, I have an MP9 it is much lighter that the MP7. I'm buying an MP7 soon though

6. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    Get the one off evike, use code: biggerevike (fb fan promo, might be expired) it comes with two mags, also, get the 6 pack of o-rings and .25-.28s, if you're looking for gear, smg mag pouches work great, I also have a sling adapter and a one point sling, the stock sights are better than a red dot IMO. I think that's it! Remember to put some silicone oil on your o-rings after installation, and buy a good propane-green gas adapter, gas goes by fast.

7. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    I dont really care about the weight or rof bcuz it only takes one bb to kill.

8. hwks97

hwks97 New Member

The Mp7 for cqb is not the best gun.... I personally was playing and shot my friend in the leg.... He started bleeding... A low bolt attachment is the best for the mp7 if you want to play cqb.... For field its good..The mp9 is awesome but to loud because of that giant orange flash hider.... But to preference I like the mp7 way better due to trademarks and everything

9. hwks97

hwks97 New Member

The Mp7 for cqb is not the best gun.... I personally was playing and shot my friend in the leg.... He started bleeding... A low bolt attachment is the best for the mp7 if you want to play cqb.... For field its good..The mp9 is awesome but to loud because of that giant orange flash hider.... But to preference mp7 is better

10. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    With a higher rof, you can use a sort of spray n' pray technique, if you had an accurate spring bolt action sniper rifle, it's not gonna hold up in cqb against a kwa mp9, if you miss on the first shot, there's another 20 out before the sniper can ready up another good shot (not here to challenge sniping skills, just as example) and it is lighter and smaller so you can naturally go around corners and keep a high speed pace for longer than a heavier, bigger gun. Just some things to keep in mind, it's all your decision.

11. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Well i know i thing or 2 about rof cuz my g&p with some work shoots about 20-25 rps with a freshly charged 8.4 at 420 fps and a hell of a lot faster with my 11.1s. But anyways, back on topic i want to use it for field too, i realize that i will probably ise it more for field becasue i play field about once a week and maybe cqb like 1 day every few months. But ithink i want to get into more cqb. I want it for both.

12. Devgru98

Polo
    I'm using 25's- .30's all the time do nothing new. I'm going for a specific loadout with it

13. DualNature

DualNature New Member

kerkhoven
    Tyler you dont own either. + you have only held a kmp7, and perhaps shot it once in the staging area.
    For field id go the Mp7. They seem to be more accurate over distance, but are heavier and larger.
    For CQB/mid go for the Mp9 because there smaller, faster, and less accurate.

14. G36fanatic...

G36fanatic... Supporting Member Supporting Member

Boulder
    The MP7 is wicked accurate with .28g BBs, and has a plenty high ROF for CQB. It really comes down to which one you find more ergonomic. I personally hate the ergonomics of the MP9. It just doesn't fit in your hand as naturally as the MP7 does.

the MP9 is only slightly louder, and has a slightly higher ROF. Beyond that, I really didn't like it because of its ergonomics. And I think its kind of an ugly gun. The only reason I had one was because it was cheaper, and the MP7 was out of stock when I went to buy one.

Both guns are on nearly the same level with minor trade offs. The MP7 is more accurate, and the MP9 has a slightly higher ROF. Beyond that, everything is opinion based and can't be used in your decision because what is ergonomic for me, could be totally off step for you. The best thing you can do is find a store where you can hold them both to see which handles better for you. Or just pick whatever one you think is cooler.

15. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Im thinking about getting the mp7 if i get the chance. Thanks